You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Andrew Lam

I was well treated throughout the process of surgery and recovery for a torn retina. The office staff was helpful and there is even a real person who answers when you phone the office!! Dr Lam was kind and is an extremely skilled surgeon. Very impressive

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Dr. Lam agreed to see me on a Saturday - was paged at the hospital - to repair a torn retina that had occurred the night before. His intervention - laser procedure on two tears - prevented a torn retina and more complicated (with no guarantees of success) later on. My vision is unimpaired. Dr. Lam is clear and concise. He answers questions in depth and in understandable terms. I highly recommend Dr. Lam, particularly in an emergency.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Office was under construction, dust was flying everywhere. Had to wait too long to be seen. Sought a 2nd opinion because Dr. Lam's diagnosis didn't fit what actually happened. I feel that Dr. Lam did not listen and that damage to my vision could have been minimized. I definitely would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

The back of house staff is helpful once you get past the front desk. The office recently expanded only to make more room for WAITING! We have to wait at least 30-45 minutes past our scheduled appointment time on every visit, every month.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr. Lam was very patient with me. He explained things clearly so that I could understand my eye problem and he allayed my fears by reassuring me that I was not going to go blind. I trust him with my eyesight. I would recommend him to all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Great experience at a terrible time in my life. He reattached my retina that surely would have left me blind were it not for Dr. Lam's positive energy and timely professional care. I also enjoyed the staff as my first visit was at Halloween and everyone was in costume (not the Dr.). He was very eager to follow up & made sure I knew I could call anytime. I was almost disappointed when I had my last check up and he said he was done. Thank you Doctor. I am sure you are doing the same great job for someone else now. Andrew P.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

excellent all around..was greatly satisfied with dr lam and his staff

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr. Andrew Lam and his entire staff are very professional, knowledgeable, courteous, competent, kind and respectful. Having recently needed their professional help with retinal tears, I would strongly recommend Dr. Lam and his excellent staff! My wish would be that there would be more doctors and staff of this high caliber for patients to place their care in!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. Lam has been truly an excellent doctor for my mother's eye care. She has had Macular Degeneration (dry) for over 20 years, but has managed to retain much of her sight. When one of her eyes developed wet macular degeneration, Dr. Lam was able to stop and reverse much of her vision loss. My mother is 81 years old. she is a a quilter, a seamstress, baker and is the Office Manager/Hostess of our Bed & Breakfast. We will be forever grateful to Dr. Lam and his staff for enabling my mother to continue to live independently and continue the activities she so cherishes.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Dr. Andrew Lam's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

• Bcbs Massachusetts
Multiplan
Neighborhood Health Plan
Unicare

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was well treated throughout the process of surgery and recovery for a torn retina. The office staff was helpful and there is even a real person who answers wh..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lam agreed to see me on a Saturday - was paged at the hospital - to repair a torn retina that had occurred the night before. His intervention - laser proce..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Office was under construction, dust was flying everywhere. Had to wait too long to be seen. Sought a 2nd opinion because Dr. Lam's diagnosis didn't fit what a..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "The back of house staff is helpful once you get past the front desk. The office recently expanded only to make more room for WAITING! We have to wait at least 3..."

June 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lam was very patient with me. He explained things clearly so that I could understand my eye problem and he allayed my fears by reassuring me that I was not ..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience at a terrible time in my life. He reattached my retina that surely would have left me blind were it not for Dr. Lam's positive energy and timel..."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "excellent all around..was greatly satisfied with dr lam and his staff"

March 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Andrew Lam and his entire staff are very professional, knowledgeable, courteous, competent, kind and respectful. Having recently needed their professional h..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lam has been truly an excellent doctor for my mother's eye care. She has had Macular Degeneration (dry) for over 20 years, but has managed to retain much ..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Professional & Cordial Staff. The team makes every effort to make each visit as efficient & pleasant as possible."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lam and his staff were excellent, professional and courteous. Very happy to have my eyesight back."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lam and his Staff are the best you could ask for."

December 13, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "After having cataract surgery almost 2 years ago, I suffered vitreous detachments in both eyes, leaving my eyes filled with hundreds of debilitating floaters. M..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "The pursuit of excellence must be the yardstick by which to measure Dr. Lam and his staff. The fact that I can still see out of my right eye after one year is n..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Lam treated me for a detached retina. The care was excellent and very professional. He's not one to linger and chat so have your questions ready and don't be..."

October 24, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lam has been my retina specialist since I had a crisis in both eyes at the same time in September, 2010. First he did the surgery to repair a torn retina in..."

September 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am an 85 year old male who has been under the care of Dr. Lam for several years. He has treated me for wet age related macular degeneration in both eyes. H..."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I developed symptoms of a torn retina on a weekend. Rather than make me wait until Monday, Dr. Lam came into his office on a Saturday afternoon. It was determin..."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Not recommended. Terrible listener. Moves like a bullet train and takes no real time for patients. Arrogant. Manhandles people during procedures. Unclear. The w..."

September 11, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2382199'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 6, 2014