Dr. Jonathan M. Magid

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jonathan M. Magid

Medical Clinic of Houston is a fantastic facility with a stellar reputation. My Physician, Dr. Magid is incredible in that he is extremely professionally astute with regards to current medical research. He also willingly and consistently takes the time to write handwritten notes to follow up with patients to explain their health status after tests are completed. Even the parking attendants are warm and personable. The two receptionists/billing agents in radiology, however, appear to cut off the personable atmosphere by spouting out scripted instructions in a way that demonstrates a complete disconnect with the human experience. The two who were on staff at 3pm on 5/3 were unable to make one second of eye contact with me as they quickly barked out orders of "change down there and wait here, etc. I thought it was my sole perception until the next patient wondered down the hall looking as confused as was I about the dressing room instructions. Sounds small, but appears to be a hugely different institution on that floor, shutting down the wonderful professional interaction prior to arriving at reception on the 1st floor.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

I love Dr. Magid & staff but there is never enough handicapped parking on 1st floor! I am on oxygen & then is a problem for me!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Good doctor but terrible staff and administration. My husband went in for an annual physical exam and they ran routine blood tests. We weren't informed of any other additional tests being performed but we received a bill to the amount of $115. No explanations. When we contacted our insurance they informed us of the doctor's office running additional blood work not covered under routine annual physical. When I called, the staff was least helpful. We weren't informed why those tests were being performed nor why we weren't informed at the time of the tests. Better find another clinic where they don't treat patients as customers and are genuinely concerned about their health. I will not recommend Medical Clinic of Houston.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

Dr. Magid is a first rate internist. He is prompt, thorough, thoughtful, a great communicator, and a superb diagnostician.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Dr Magid is an incredibly smart and knowledgeable doctor. His quick wit and funny bedside manner makes going to the dr enjoyable.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Magid's for several years and have recommended him to family and friends. He is the BEST doctor I have ever been to; he is compassionate, funny, and truly committed to providing the best care possible. Everyone should be so lucky as to have him as their doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

This doctor is by far the BEST doctor I have even been to. As other posters have stated: he will not give up on finding your problem. He has the patience of a saint. He is the type of doctor that I drive over 45 minutes to see- just because the quality of care is that good. I would absolutely without a doubt recommend Dr. Magid to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

He is funny and laid back, not to mention smart, smart, smart. You will leave his office with answers you understand, unlike some places that practically shove you out after the HMO mandated 3.5 minutes. I recommend him to anyone who is afraid of doctors, he will make you laugh and feel safe.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2011

Dr. Magid has been great after another doctor in the same clinic went into another practice. Provided guidance on items that the other doctor would not address in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Continues to try to help me. Will not give up. I am in love. HE IS intelligent, humorous, and listens.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2011

Dr. Jonathan M. Magid's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1999)