Dr. Matthew Provencher

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Matthew Provencher

Dr Provencher is an extremely skilled and caring Orthopedic Surgeon. I feel so very fortunate that Dr Hackett at The Steadman Clinic asked Dr Provencher to join my team. That’s how they do things there. The Doctors work together to do what’s best for the Patient. After my ski accident a year prior and 1 botched surgery before I came to The Steadman Clinic, I was 4 shoulder surgeries in, the last one had just failed, my arm was coming back from full paralysis and I had a bacteria. As he said, it’s complicated… The fact is, “Complicated” is what he enjoys most and does best! After 18 months, 7 surgeries, 1 reverse total shoulder and too many PT sessions to count, I have my shoulder and arm back! Thanks to him I am back on my horse and back on my skis! In short, he gave me my life back. If you find yourself in need of an Orthopedic Surgeon, you cannot do better that Dr Provencher. He is simply the best.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Simply the best shoulder physician around. I saw Dr. Provencher for a second opinion re my shoulder since it was not clear to me if I need a surgery or nonoperative care would be good enough. He spent over half an hour talking to me. He explained the pros and cons of each treatment and tried to understand what I need the most. At the end I was able to make my own decision and decided to proceed with the nonoperative care. Big respect for this guy!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Dr. Provencher & his staff are top notch professionals. Caring, compassionate, listen to you. He literally saved our son's leg.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Dr. Matthew Provencher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Matthew Provencher is one of the nation’s leading orthopedic surgeons specializing in the surgical treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to the knee and shoulder. Dr. Provencher practices at The Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colorado, and conducts research as a Principal Investigator at the renowned Steadman Philippon Research Institute aimed at innovation and improvement in patient care in the field of orthopedic sports medicine.

• English