Ratings for Dr. David H. Zacheis

My very negative comment about his charging for a procedure that was not performed was not accepted. Why?

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I visited Dr. Zacheis at his Carondelet location. I was able to schedule appointment within a week. The staff is friendly and helpful. I arrived about 20 minutes early and the doctor actually saw me 10 minutes before my scheduled appointment...when does that ever happen? Dr. Zacheis is very knowledgeable, detailed and caring. He took the time not only to do a full examination but spent as much time as I needed discussing my treatment and options. This guy definitely knows his stuff. I moved here from California where you can die waiting weeks to see a doctor. A specialist, forget it. My experience with Dr. Zacheis and his staff was very refreshing. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Stay as FAR AWAY from this man as you can! He now practices with Valley ENT in Green Valley Arizona. My son went to him last Friday and was belittled by him the second he got there. He belittled him and when my son was having anxiety for having his ears picked at Dr. Zacheis mumbled under his breath "you millennials complain about everything!" He was so beyond awful I am going to report him to the Board. He should not be allowed to practice medicine! Condescending pompous bully is what he is.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Great doctor, took the time to explain and listen. ...somethinge I sorely missed from other doctors who do the later now a days

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I saw Dr. Zacheis a few days before Thanksgiving as my primary thought I might have punctured my eardrum. I have never met a doctor more rude or condescending in my life. He insulted my doctor and couldn't believe she thought there could be a puncture and acted if I was completely wasting his time. As an aside, I also don't understand why this office requires patients to complete a sleep survey. I was there for an ear drum problem. When I questioned and said I wouldn't complete it because it was irrelevant (but this was also after the front office person was so rude), she said she was filling it out for me. So she forged the form and signed my name, which is unethical. The whole thing was unnecessary The bottom line is STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Meeting Dr. Zacheis was one of the most refreshing experiences that I've had seeing doctors. Number one, I had called to make an appointment at another doctors office for my nasal problem, and couldn't get in for over 2 months. When I called his office I was given a choice of days that same week. Two, he was on time. He came into the room less than five minutes after my appointment. Three, he diagnosed me with a deviated septum and offered surgery to fix it. He then did the surgery a few weeks later. Everything went perfectly and I am breathing so great through my nose that I can't believe it. All along he was funny and professional and fantastic. You rock Dr. Z.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

After my Audiology appointment at the Oro Valley office of Carlson ENT, I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Zacheis. He said to Hello, how are you and I said "I am well". He then gave me a smug look like I was wasting my time. He looked at his watch, looked at me, and I kid you not, said this; "Well, it looks like I am going to miss my daughters soccer game". That's the one thing a patient loves hearing when they are about to be looked at. I am a patient at the VA in Tucson looking for a second opinion, but I was better off staying with the VA. One of the most rudest inconsiderate pompous primes I have ever met. I've literally met insurgents with more manners and politeness than Dr. Zacheis. Thanks for making me spend money I don't have to spend just to make sure I was receiving the proper care from the VA. I am still considering going to the media for the way you treated me. I didn't get hit by two mortar rounds and three IED's to get treated like a third rate citizen. Thank you for making me feel that way.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr. Zacheis, who is now with Carlson ENT in Tucson, AZ is being sued for malpractice for performing a surgery without cause. He did not review prior med reports the had the patient on the operating table for 40 min while having the pathology couriered to a lab 25 miles away. Then, because he got tired of waiting for the pathology report, he went ahead and removed the patients thyroid without cause. Patient returned for post op visit and asked what was the pathology results and he said he did not know, but would find out. He is not a doctor and should be barred... We trust we are placing ourselves in competent hands which was not the case here.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

I went in with an ongoing issue. He did not even notice that I said it was ongoing and said it was a result of the ear infection I had. His attitude towards me seemed to be 'why are you here?'. He took a cursory look in my ears and said I was fine. The audiologist from this office said I was a candidate for hearing aids, he said I was not. Very contradictory information. I just felt like his main goal was to get me out of his office as soon as possible. I will not go to this office again. There is at least one far better ENT doctor in town who actually takes time with patients and asks a lot of questions and seems genuinely interested. Wish I would have gone to him instead.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

My son has had a large uvula for a very long time that has caused a number of issues including sleep apnea and now trouble swallowing. It literally sits on his tongue and looks like a foot. Dr. Zacheis tried to tell me this was normal and not causing his problems (although more qualified ENT's have suggested a uvuloplasty). I feel bad for the other patient's with long uvulas who he thinks are normal, they too need to go to a different doctor. He also just seemed like he was clueless in regard to anything "well it could be this... or it could be that..." He suggested trying silly things like saline in his nose...which has NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS UVULA!!! I am returning to a physician who actually knows what he is talking about. For the 5 minutes we spent there (or wasted our time there) I better NOT be billed a freakin DIME!! Dr. Runyun in Fort Collins is MUCH MUCH better, more knowledgeable, and great with adults and kids.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

Dr. David H. Zacheis's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Fort Collins, CO