Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Acker

go somewhere else very judgmental little medical knowledge

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Dr. Acker has done several ortho proceedures on me througout our doctor/patient relationship. The last being a massive rotator cuff repair that invoved three full thickness tears, and a torn bicep to boot. Three plus long ours later, I was all put back together, minus a bone deformity that caused the injury, and some spurs as well. I can't praise the care that this man gave me enough. He is polite, considerate, genuinely concerned, personable... everything a doctor should be when they choose the medical field. If you need a ortho surgeon, and have the option, see him. He is spectacular. I trust him 100%.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Be careful with this "doctor." I saw him after an injury in 2009 because he was "the best." That office was full of crap. I had broken my knee cap in half and he did an MRI, he said my knee was fine, and wanted to do exploratory knee surgery because I wasn't progressing in physical therapy. Sorry Charlie, you don't go near me with a 10-blade without probable cause. I got a second opinion, and found out I needed surgery because of how bad the knee cap was broken, this was 4 months later. Great job Acker! Not!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

In addition to fixing my problem, Dr. Acker was incredibly caring. Several of my friends have also gone to him and had the same experience. I can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

HE VERY NICE HE DOWN TO EARTH. HE EXPLAIN TO YOU IN DETAIL WHAT HE GOING TO DO,HE USE WORDS THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

Dr. Acker is not only a great surgeon, but he has a great bedside manner. He is so caring and warm. He has taken care of me and several of my friends as well, and we have all had the same experience. I can't say enough good things about him as a doctor, plus he seems to genuinely care.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

This doctor could not care less after you have seen him. He just washed his hands of people.He made a mistake and did not fix what was wrong, and now he is trying to back step his way out,saying there is nothing eles he can do due to my age,of 42 but if I was 27 he would try to repair my shoulder this is unthinkable thing to do to a person,I told this doctor that he better order a new MRI so we could see what the real problem is.If I had a choise at this time I would never see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Dr. Steven A. Acker's Credentials

• College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Iowa) (Grad. 1978)

Ameritas