Ratings for Dr. Steven L. Writer

My husband has a lot of health problems, and we have seen a lot of doctors. Dr. Writer is one of the best, if not the best. Very knowledgable, patient, friendly, and he will tell you if he is not sure of something. He is confident without being cocky and we loved him. He does run behind a lot but it is because he spends so much time with each patient so it was okay with us.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

My husband sees Dr. Writer. I go with him to all the appts. We wouldn't trade Dr. Writer for the world! He even called us on a Saturday morning to let us know results - and talked to us for 49 minutes!! And he did most of the explaining and talking and then let us ask questions. We agree with the other positive rates that Dr. Writer rec'd on here and not with the negative one (just below this one). Sometimes there are people who just can't be satisfied no matter how much attention you pay to them. Dr. Writer is the best in Boise in our opinion. We appreciate his knowledge, honesty, and especially his caring. Please give him a try if you need to see someone about such a delicate and sometimes can be scary subject as the heart. He will give you his best. Seeing him on time is sometimes difficult due to the extremely thorough attention he gives each and every patient. Take care!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

I'm not sure when the other raters saw this doctor, but, I have always had to wait. I have a hard time getting a return phone call (I've only called three times in 8 years). He never seems to have time for me or is willing to answer my questions. I think he must be way to busy, maybe he needs to reduce his patient load. I have ended up seeing a cardiologist at UCLA once a year. My doctor there explains everything in detail and is more than willing to listen and answer questions. There has to be a better cardiologist in Boise, just need to find him or her. I like Dr. Writer, think he is very knowledgeable, he and his staff just need better pr and compassion with patients.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2008

has been my dr. since 1986 and would never change him. cares about his patients and listens to his patients

flag | Submitted August 16, 2007

a wonderful doctor and person, listens to what you have say,very caring and warm,just can not say enough about him concerning the quality of care and concern recieved by this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2007

Very helpful, friendly, compassionate, knowledgeable, respectful....and great staff. He is a gem.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2006

Excellent Doctor. Caring, compassionate, thorough...can't say enough great things.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2006

Dr. Steven L. Writer's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)