Ratings for Dr. Jerry D. Oakman

This "doctor" Oakman is one of those people in the healthcare industry to avoid. His staff are top notch, but Oakman is a joke. He doesn't greet you when he comes in for an examination. The humorous (ie frightening) part of the interview for me was in going over my conditions and medications--most of which Oakman didn't have any knowledge of. I actually felt like I was being cross-examined by a hostile attorney when I explained my medicines. He seemed reluctant to actually examine me and prescribe any medication for me. He didn't seem interested in doing any testing or seeing me again for a follow-up. I really don't think he cares whether I live or die. His last words to me weren't "nice to meet you" or even "goodbye", but instead were "you need to lose weight". Wow. First and last visit for me. DON'T GO THERE!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Oakman for years. Each time I visit him I leave feeling confident that I was diagonsed correctly. He spends a lot of time with each patient - so if I ever have to wait, I don't get upset because I know he will give me the same amount of time. Getting a doctor to spend more than 5 - 10 mins with you is almost unheard of.......so Kudos to Dr. Oakman!!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

Family of 3 has used Dr. Oakman for 20 years. Extremely pleased; has always correctly diagnosed every problem--and we have had some doozies. Conservative in only requesting tests that are truly needed. Also, does NOT give antiobiotic prescriptions unless truly needed. Can not recommend high enough.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Dr. Oakman is a wonderful MD. He has helped me deal with my anixety during the time my mother had cancer. He always remembers things about my life in general and always takes time to talk about how things are going in my life in general. I had lots of tonsil issues but he advised me I was too old to have removed. A friend my same age had hers removed and was not happy about doing it at all because the effect from the surgery were worse than the problmes leading up to it. Had I not moved to California, he would still be my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

My experience with Dr. Oakman is exactly the opposite of the other reviewer. Dr. Oakman has very patiently listened to my multiple complaints and psychosocial problems. He has graciously advised me how to coordinate my care of other issues involving multiple specialists as well as treated the usual sniffles and UTI's.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Every time any of us in the family see him, we have to wait a very long time past our appointment time to get in. Then, when you finally do see him, you feel as though he's not really listening to you. Very unsatisfying experience.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

Dr. Jerry D. Oakman's Credentials

• Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Jackson Ms 39216 (Grad. 1973)