Ratings for Dr. Stephen Johnson

Dr. Johnson and his staff including PA Kate Woods were excellent in guiding me in my decision about surgery (I am a healthy female in my 30s who had a microdiscectomy for an L4-L5 disc herniation causing disabling pain and immobility), in caring for me during the surgery, and for guidance after in how to avoid re-herniation. Dr. Johnson is kind, patient, and helpful, and an excellent surgeon. Thank you Dr. Johnson for helping me become immediately pain free and restoring my function!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I saw Dr Johnson for radiculopathy pain about 5 years ago. The pain was caused by spinal stenosis and bone spurs between C4-C6. I had been suffering with muscles spams and shooting pains that traveled from my neck to shoulder to finger tips. I have rheumatoid arthritis and (luckily) a high pain threshold, but this pain was nasty. Dr. Johnson went over all my options, surgery being one of them. After a few months which included many visits with the physical therapist and Dr. Johnson to check progress (and answer my 9 million questions with the patience of a Saint), I decided to have the surgery ( Anterior Cervical Disectomy w/Fusion & titanium). I wish I had done it a lot sooner. I've had a few surgeries due to my RA and never remember waking up in recovery, this surgery I did. I'm pretty sure I remember it because my first thought when I woke up was "I have no pain". To the average Joe this may not mean anything, but to me...well let's just say I cried from relief & joy. When I tell other drs about the surgery they're floored by the range of motion I have. The recovery was a soft collar & A couple follow up visits and that was it! It has been 5 years and I'm still amazed that I have no pain. I am forget grateful to Dr. Johnson. Did I mention he's easy on the eyes too?! :).

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015