Ratings for Dr. Gayathri S. Rao

We brought our 12-year-old son to see Dr. Rao to check on his complaint of knee pain. She noted that he had grown 3.5" and gained 40 lbs. in 9 months. She was very concerned about his weight gain and continued to emphasize this (without acknowledging his comparable growth in height). Our son left feeling as though he needed to go on a diet (he does not) and we were furious because she was oblivious to the effect her comments had on our son. This doctor has a lot to learn about speaking to children. We like the practice, but will never see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

I have been to two specialists that wanted to know who my pediatrician is because they couldn’t believe that I didn’t get him in to see them earlier. First was the ENT. They wanted to know why we waited 10 ear infections in 5 months to bring him. Dr. Rao told me not to but I made the appointment anyway. The allergist laughed when I told him that Dr. Rao said that he probably has seasonal allergies. I kept on bringing in my baby for 6 weeks saying he isn’t getting better and I am worried. Is there something that you are missing? Once again Dr. Rao assured me not to worry about it because it’s probably season allergies. He was coughing and wheezing so bad that it was causing him to vomit in the middle of the night. The allergist diagnosed him with asthma. My baby could have died and you are telling me not to worry about it. I am shaking right now writing this because I can’t believe how bad of a pediatrician you are.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

Dr. Gayathri S. Rao's Credentials

• Hindi

• Lady Hardinge Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1979)