Ratings for Dr. Peter M. Tan

My dentist sent me to Dr Tan to have a tooth pulled, and Dr Tan left half the tooth in my jaw. I went back to my dentist and he took an X-ray and showed me why I was in pain. He then sent me to a different oral surgeon to fix it.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr. Peter M. Tan is the most dedicated, kind and caring doctor I have ever worked for. I recently left my position as his surgical assistant to pursue Nursing school. I had the pleasure of working side by side with him every day for almost 4 years. He has a wonderful bedside manner and truly cares about his patients. Every evening on his way home, he calls each patient from the schedule that day to check on them and make sure they are doing ok. Dr. Tan is a wealth of knowledge and enjoys sharing what he knows with his patients and staff. He is always called upon in the medical community to instruct and educate other medical professionals at conferences or CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) classes. Dr. Tan is the only Oral Surgeon that I would trust to treat my family and friends!! Chrissy Pugh

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

He was mean to staff, made the assistant cry while he was doing my extraction. And then I found out he left part of the tooth behind when I wasn't healing well and my general dentist did an xray to see what was going on. I would not recommend him to anyone, and I don't think my dentist will either.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr Tan is wonderful. My Son-In-Law needed extensive dental work and surgery after suffering a broken jaw in an assault. Dr. Tan was amazing at the hospital and in after-hospital treatment. I would have no trouble recommending him to anyone and I would have no fears going to him if I needed the kind of dental work Dr. Tan does. Dr. Tan is very dignified an polite and was very respectful to my S-I-L and me.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Dr. Peter M. Tan's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Dentistry (Grad. 1983)