Ratings for Dr. Robert Galpin

Over an hour wait for no good reason. The Doctor's staff is inept. When finally prompted for a reason for the wait (especially since my 2 year old child was getting more agitated) they realized they had misplaced some paperwork and were able to see him soon after. The Doctor was apologetic but in a condescending and dismissive way. GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO SEE A DOCTOR IN PRIVATE PRACTICE. I had very few options and knew the experience would be poor at the hospital... and it was. Luckily I do not have to return. I do not doubt the Doctor's knowledge but I am sure there are other knowledgeable orthopedists in the area. My advice: Keep looking.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Robert Galpin's response
Thank you for your feedback. This goes along way as we are always looking at ways that we can improve our patient experience.

Submitted July 12, 2019

Worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. Maybe spent 5 minutes in the room with my 12 year old son and myself. Stood across the room with arms folded looking as though I was wasting his time. Son has two broken bones in his wrist. Told me he planned on taking cast off at next appointment. When I asked if he was gonna recast he replied.. " NO! He needs to move it!" I was like okay only asking because my daughter had a far less break in her arm last year and cast was on much longer.. To which he replied"THIS IS HOW I DO THINGS!" I did complain to the front desk and will not be seeing him again. Makes me not want to go back to UB Ortho. I pay for my insurance and co-pays no need to treat my son and myself with disrespect! Would not recommend him to my worst enemy!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Dr. Robert Galpin's response
Thank you for your feedback. We take this into strong consideration when looking at ways that we can improve our patient experience.

Submitted July 12, 2019

Dr. Galpin has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen from a pediatric MD of any kind. Every question I asked was answered in a condescending tone and seemed to annoy him. If any of my children ever need an orthopedic MD again for any reason I will go out of my way to avoid Dr. Galpin.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr. Robert Galpin's response
Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking at ways in which we can improve the patient experience.

Submitted July 12, 2019

My Daughter has been a patient of Dr Galpin's for many years. A few years back she had a spinal fusion for scoliosis which Dr Galpin performed. I will be forever grateful to Dr Galpin for what he did for my daughter .. Very competent man . He can be short with you but he is knowledgeable and competent. I would always pick the surgeon with excellent skills and arrogance over bedside manner any day .

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

Dr. Robert Galpin's response
Thank you for your feedback. This is greatly valued.

Submitted July 12, 2019

He is very rude and I would NOT recommend him in the future.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

Dr. Robert Galpin's response
Thank you for your feedback. We take this very seriously as we continue to improve our patient experience.

Submitted July 12, 2019

Wait time not bad. Was very knowledgable about treating club foot without surgery, which is very important. Used an effective, conservative approach and was even helpful in offering advice if our unborn child was also effected with the same problem. Bedside manner is not the best - tends to be curt and quick, but we didn't feel it compromised our son's care.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2012

Dr. Robert Galpin's response
Thank you for your feedback! It is extremely valuable.

Submitted July 12, 2019

Bad bad bad bedside mannor he doesnt care or explain why he is or why he is not doing somethimg

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Dr. Robert Galpin's response
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to continue to improve the patient experience.

Submitted July 12, 2019

Dr Galpin Has the worst bedside mannor I have ever experienced with a Dr. when my son was about to have his surgery at 18mths I was scared he seemed like he had somewhere else to be. He was so rude and the parents in the waiting room felt the same just an over all bad experience with him

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Dr. Robert Galpin's response
Thank you for your feedback. It is very valuable to us when we try to improve our patient experience.

Submitted July 12, 2019

We found Dr Galpin to be rude and sarcastic in his answers to our questions. I would not recommend him based on this experience.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Dr. Robert Galpin's response
Thank you for your feedback. We take this very seriously when looking to improve the patient experience.

Dr. Robert Galpin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I chose the field of children’s orthopaedics as my specialty because of my strong interest in helping children, the most vulnerable members of our society. I completed a fellowship in children’s orthopaedics and scoliosis surgery; my expertise includes scoliosis surgery, hip and lower extremity reconstructive surgery, foot surgery and all aspects of pediatric trauma. I care for children and adolescents at the Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo (WCHOB) and at the UBMD Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine clinic on Harlem Road in Amherst. My approach is to involve parents in the decision-making for their child’s medical care and, whenever appropriate, I involve the child as well. Doing so helps teach children responsibility for their own health. It may also improve their treatment outcomes and enhance their sense of control, particularly for children and adolescents with chronic health issues or those who have sustained traumatic injury. I care for my young patients in the same way I would treat my own child: with sensitivity and compassion.

• English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1977)

• Scoliosis