Ratings for Dr. J. Michael Burdine

Horrible experience and Dr. Burdine is a real kerk. He is so inconsiderate and his staff is absolutely incompetent. Expect to be disappointed and expect to wait.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

He has always taken extra time to answer questions thoroughly. I especially appreciated that his course of treatment was not to jump to surgery, quite the opposite. My torn L5-S1 disk is stable and maintained with minimal meds and PT I can now do on my own in my gym. He has always referred me to the most knowledgable professionals when necessary. I will always recommend him. His professionalism is well balanced with his empathy.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

Please, if you have spinal problems/disorders, stay away from this doctor. He is arrogant, and his staff is horrible. Seek out a rehab/medicine M.D.My condition has worsened to the point where I can barely walk anymore.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2012

I was told by Dr Burdine that because my nerve test and vine test on my legs that he could not see me because those test showed nothing wrong. He did not take the time to do a MRI or any other test to see way I was having the pain. I returned to my GP and RA dr the sent me to a NERO clinic that found that found out that I had genic disorder and MS. I asked for the test for the genic disorder CMT for months and because my feet were not deformed he said I didnt need the test. I woiuld not refer him to anyone. Look at other Dr.'s before seeing him.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Never helped what so ever. Just prescribes pain meds and nothing is done to fix problem

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Dr. Burdine evaluated my pain, scheduled me for injections but recommended PT first. The PT worked and I was able to cancel the injections, which of course was much more agreeable with me. He's more concerned about patients getting the correct treatment than anything else. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

Dr. J. Michael Burdine's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1983)

Secure Horizons