Ratings for Dr. Tasha N. Willoughby

Very poor quality dental work. Now ~3 years later I've had to have all of the fillings replaced that Tranquility put in because of their shoddy work. They tried charging me for work that was never done (fortunately I paid attention to what I was billed for). They charged much more than other local dentists (with the same insurance). I do NOT recommend going to Tranquility Dental.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Doctor not on site to supervise works done by dental hygienist. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF.Staff always making excuses for doctor Willoughby.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

On Wednesday, July 23, 2014, I began an intake at Tranquility Dental. At this appointment, the hygienist nurse saw me and did an evaluation of my oral standing (on an account that I had to switch Dental practices due to insurance coverage differences). After the hygienist saw me, the practice lead doctor, Dr. Tasha Willoughby saw me with a brief examination and simply suggested that I needed 7 fillings, gave me a monetary dental break down (but nothing concerning my oral health), and the receptionist set my appointment for Monday, July 28, 2014. On Monday, July 28, 2014, Dr. Tasha Willoughby completed: 2 fillings on the upper right side of my mouth. During this experience, I witnessed the receptionist perform nurse duties to my mouth such as, topical numbing and nitrous sedation (that of which both were not successful). As Dr. Willoughby began my treatment, she was talking to the receptionist in an unethical manner suggesting that the nurse aid should have been present as she was ready to operate; in saying "Where they do that at, that I'm supposed to wait," all while pricking my gums with the needle, of which was extremely hurtful and gave no awareness, bedside manner, or articulation to me, the patient regarding what she was doing. Following this extremely unprofessional, and hurtful procedure, I (along with my mother, who is the primary insurance provider) called the office to schedule a consultation to talk with Dr. Willoughby regarding forward movement and several concerns that I had as a patient in moving forward with her practice. Kierra, the receptionist, schedule a consultation at 2:00p with Dr. Willoughby for Monday, August 4, 2014. However, On Monday, August 4, 2014 at 11:44am I received a call from the receptionist who informed me that Dr. Willoughby had an emergency extraction and crowning and would be unable to meet with me, however, she would call me. In understanding the nature of practice and the foreseen schedule of a practice, I agreed to a telephone consultation later that day. Monday, August 4, 2014 and Tuesday, August 5, 2014 passed by with no call or notification from Tranquility Dental regarding the consultation. Extremely anxious and perplexed by the lack of professionalism, I took it upon myself to call Tranquility Dental on Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 11:09am to receive information pertaining to the prescription, Valium 5mg that I was informally informed that would be needed (per my desired selection of choice sedation methods) to be taken Wednesday, August 6, 2014 prior to bedtime, and Thursday, August 7, 2014 1 hour prior to the operation. When myself and my step-dad arrived to Tranquility Dental at approximately 12:28p we spoke with the front receptionist in efforts of gaining understanding as to the precautions of the medication, along with inquiring about why we had not heard from Dr. Willoughby in reference to our request for consultation. Kierra, the receptionist attempted several times to answer questions on behalf of the doctor; of which per her responses lacked understanding, credibility, and professionalism regarding our concerns as both client and financier of the service. After several minutes of no results, we then asked to speak to Dr. Willoughby directly, and were told, after seeing her in the lobby, that she was on a conference call with another doctor; and that she would call us at 2pm that same day. Just as Monday, August 4, 2014, 2:00p arrived and we did not hear from Tranquility Dental. I then waited until 3:10p and my step-dad, the financier of our insurance, called and spoke to the receptionist and was told that she would call within 10 minutes as she is with a patient presently. 10 minutes passed and yet again, we heard nothing from Tranquility Dental. i then took it upon myself, yet again to call Tranquility Dental at 4:21p and was placed on hold by the receptionist for 30 minutes. In recognizing that I had been on hold for an obscene amount of time, I picked up my land line and called, while still on hold on my cellular line, and spoke to the receptionist saying that, I am unsure if I was lost in the call system, but I have been on hold for, what was now over a 30 minute hold. The receptionist then stated, "I sent you back to doc, I'm going to go back there and see what she is doing." The practice closes on Wednesdays at 5:00p and I was on hold until after 5:00p with no response. Following such I called at 5:02p and left a detailed message on the Option 5 command, which allegedly is the Doctor's line, expressing my concerns and a lot of the aforementioned details pertaining to my awaiting of a consultation. To my surprise, I received a call a call at 5:10p of which lasted 52 seconds from Kierra, the receptionist, explaining that Dr. Willoughby had left for the day but would call me in the morning prior to my appointment to discuss any concerns that I may have. In obedience to the practice and my instructed medicated requirements, I took the Valium 5mg prior to bed, and again 1 hour prior to my appointment, of which was scheduled for 9:30am. At 9:10am, while I am yet under the influence of the valium, I missed a call with a voicemail from Dr. Willoughby asking me to give her a call; however, I was just seconds from the office location. Upon my arrival (I was with my mother, and step-dad - My mother had a post cancerous surgical appointment at an office next door, and my step-dad came as instructed to sign-off on the procedure, due to my anticipated inability to function due to the valium) the receptionist yet again wanted to discuss my concerns, yet never allowed me to speak to the actual doctor, Dr. Willoughby who would be performing the operation. After much dialogue between the receptionist and my mother trying to come to resolve; I was brought to the back and was instructed for my mother to come also, so that she could sign off on my sedation release, contingent upon the legalities of having a co-signer when the patient is under a sedative (which at the time was valium). Because the Valium 5mg was not working as expected, nitrous was requested to aid in what I have medically recorded as muscle spasm syndrome and anxiety under dental procedures. The receptionist then began to hook me up to the nitrous sedative and was dialoguing with my mom trying to resolve questions that only the doctor could. She continued to examine my mouth and began to agitate the gums as she placed topical ointment and examining an area that I expressed discomfort in, of which she said Dr. Willoughby would examine. When Dr. Willoughby entered the room she immediately said, "okay so what's going on," in a very cynically abrasive tone. Now while under valium sedation, and nitrous, I was forced to attempt to explain the concerns that I had pertaining to my oral care and the upcoming procedure; a task that my family and I had been trying to resolve for several days with several attempts. Frustrated, irate and annoyed Dr. Willoughby told my mother than she could not be in the procedure room, that she needed to leave; and in lack of understanding due to several different instructions from various staff members, she obliged and instructed me to voice my opinion. As I continued to try to express, under sedation, the circumstance, Dr. Willoughby then pulled my seat up, which began to slightly strangle my neck, on account the nitrous sedation was still affixed on my nose, instructed her assistant to immediately take off the nitrous, and told me to "have a good day." Immensely confused, mentally shocked due to the sudden change from nitrous to air, I gathered my bearings and exited the facility. My step-dad and mother were confused to see me exiting the practice; and asked what happened. After explaining we tried to get resolve and were told by the receptionist that the Doctor has dismissed us from the practice, and we were kicked out of the facility with lac of clarity, instruction, or resolve. In recognizing that ethically and legally this practice has violated several rights, we called the police and they came to the establishment and instructed us on the proper methods of filing complaints, disputes, in efforts of leading us to a resolve. As the client, I am appalled that an establishment would prescribe medication, have a patient take it, begin other forms of sedatives, and release me without treating the ailment. I am now suffering from trauma in my mouth, light-headedness, and headaches that were not present prior to this incident, and seek resolve and justice for the lack of professionalism, ethical practice, concern, and care from an establishment rendering health services to a client.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Dentist was rude, uncaring. Told me I couldn't be having pain. Went to another dentist who quickly found a piece of dental material embedded in my gum. Experience was costly, painful with poor outcome. DO NOT RECOMMEND and will never return. Spent $1,500 out of pocket to un-do her work.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

i have been 100 percent satisfied with staff and with dr willoughby performance

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

Lack of experience and friendliness. I would not go there anymore.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011