Ratings for Dr. Gary A. Debakey

He is no longer an OB/GYN. He quit his practice in June of this year. I called and tried to set up an appt and was informed by the person who answered. Back to the drawing board I go

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I was very scared going to see a male Gyn, but when my Dr told me that I needed to see a Gyn ASAP, I had a hard time finding one that could see me sooner than 3 weeks away. I called Dr. DeBakey's office and the receptionists was very sweet and asked me if I could come in right away. I went in and the wait time was less then 15 min and they took me right to a room and the Dr was then in there talking to me within 10 min. He was very nice and seemed to really care about my concerns and seemed like he really wanted to find out what was wrong. He ordered me to go have some test and when i found out how much everything was going to cost me, even with insurance, his nurse (who is AMAZING) helped me find a place that was more than half the price of the hospital. Simply the best Dr I think I have seen in a long time.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

Dr. DeBakey delivered my son via c-section 6 years ago. He impressed my as professional and knowledgable in his field. When I started having issues this year I never hesitated choosing him as my specialist. He performed my hysterectomy four days ago and I feel he was the best doctor for this surgery. I have no doubt I will heal fully and feel 100% under his care. I highly recommend him as a gynecologist.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Debakey was preformed my csection and was the dr that oversaw my care. He was awesome at what he does, but his bedside manner is awful.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Dr. Debakey performed my hysterectomy last week and he did an excellent job. I found him to be very caring. He was concerned about my rate of healing, as well as my pain level. The nurses told me that he called several times just to check on me. I would recommend him to anyone needing this procedure.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

Dr. DeBakey was very rude. The nursing staff was very friendly and helpful but I will never go back because Dr. DeBakey was so rude and not friendly what so ever.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

I first saw Dr. DeBakey in several years ago. I liked him at the time. He seemed to listen and was helpful. But, in the past few years I get the feeling he doesn't really want to listen...he seems bored. Sometimes speaks to you in a condescending way. Comes across as wishing he were anywhere but where he is. I needed help with post menepausal problems and he really didn't help me at all. I think he needs to hang up his white coat and retire. He'd be much happier. While I do believe he is very knowledgable, honestly I would look for someone else if you want "caring".

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

Dr. Gary A. Debakey's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1982)

UnitedHealthcare