Ratings for Dr. Walter B. Basen

I was extremely disappointed in Dr. W. Barry Basen’s misdiagnosing my broken finger when he read the X-rays of my finger at Shady Grove Radiology/Germantown Outpatient Imaging in Germantown, MD. He utilized an expensive procedure when a simpler one would have worked better and more efficiently. After my numerous complaints of finger pain, swelling, and lack of mobility, I was finally referred to a specialist who immediately diagnosed that I had a fractured finger via an X-ray. I do not want anyone else to be subjected to substandard care that was very painful and expensive with long-term physical consequences. STAY CLEAR FROM THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Had my mammogram done at the Balum Imaging Center and he was Dr. Basen was the one who reviewed my scans. He did an excellent job of both being efficient and trustworthy. His staff (at the Columbia Office) Were, as always, friendly and helpful. I am a special needs patient and they always treat me with respect and anticipate my needs. I know getting these tests done is not fun but they make my experience one that I do not dread. Highly recommend this doctor and the Balum imaging center in Columbia MD.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

this doctor can’t even correctly interpret radiology scan, gives out numerous incorrect reports. Dr Basen or any of his staff care whether out or not the reports are correct or incorrect. The doctor and his staff are barbaric

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

Dr. Walter B. Basen's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Oxford