Ratings for Dr. David S. Lotsoff

This doctor does not return calls , cuts you off while trying to talk ,he's belligerent and wants to explain anatomy & physiology to a nurse of 24 years and prescribe a medicine I had already been on & didn't work . He's arrogant & rude . I've tried making an appointment 13 days and nobody will call you back and if you phone administration dr lotsoff still doesn't call back . If your symptoms are debilitating you will want to choose a different doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Very patient. He talk to me slow and say thing in way I understand. Very happy to be patient

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Great experience, personable. No problem communicating with this doctor

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Have been waiting over a year to be treated have gotten in and now can't get calls returned from staff he is an excellent doctor if you can get to see him

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I would not recommend. Lotsoff was quick to determine that I needed to have an upper endoscopy procedure, but he exhibited no concerns for my symptoms or how to manage them in the 30+ days until the procedure. He also refused to share my information with any other GI's in the practice so I could have the procedure completed sooner. His office also called the office of another GI in the Mercy network and cancelled my appt. there without my knowledge. Was eventually told that I was his patient! I can only conclude that he was only interested in getting my money.

Submitted June 15, 2016

Saw me promptly. Treated me like a human being and spoke to my level. Straightforward and a sense of humor!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Saw me quick. Spoke in easy to understand sentences. Told me like it was. Fixed my issue which is the most important.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I was not impressed with this specialist at Mercy Hospital in St. Louis MO. He was a total waste of my time & money. I drove 100 miles one way in an ice storm & took off a day of work for help with my stomach problem only to have him "look over what had been done 4 yrs ago" & tell me my problem is just "IBS". I am gluten intolerant,rice flour,oats,high fructose corn syrup,various fruits intolerant, & too many more to mention. I have recently not been able to eat red meat & plant protein. This is a great concern. Something else is wrong other than IBS. I went to seek help from a "specialist" & he gave me the same catch all diagnosis. IBS. His staff was not cordial at all either. They were not friendly nor acted like they cared. There was no examination. If there are any GI Drs out there that would want to do investigative work & want to help me fix my stomach problem or figure out what is going on, please contact me @ anitambogan@yahoo.com. This is my opinion & experience.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Very personable and knowledgable. Patient. Listened to my complaints. Took care of my problem, but if I have new issues I will definitely go back!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

I went to Dr. Lotsoff to find out what was the cause of my gastrointestinal problems. My condition is very severe and can be debilitating sometimes. He belittled me and acted like it was just a little problem. And he wanted to diagnose it as IBS immediately. I just asked a couple questions, and he cut me off in mid-sentence and was very rude and condescending. And he was reluctant to prescribe any tests. When I insisted, he became very angry and belligerent. And before we got back a single test result, he prescribed Levbid, which didn’t help at all and had horrible side-effects, and he said to see him again in 8 months. I called him at his other office - I just needed one minute - and he acted all annoyed because I was calling him on the phone, and he said he couldn't answer any questions because he didn't have my file in front of him. His staff person at his other office told me she had already sent my file to him there, which means he was lying to me.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

Dr. David S. Lotsoff's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal