Ratings for Dr. Maurice R. Gagnon

I gained about 42 lbs during my pregnancy. It was all belly! I knew I would have a big baby and I told him my concerns. During my last month he never even ordered a sonogram to see how big they are expecting him to be. Then my water broke, went to the hospital. I was induced. The labor was difficult. When my baby came out. He was actually 8.5 lbs. And then he said, " If I knew he was 8.5 lbs. I would have done a c-section'' I had a 3rd degree episiotomy. They also used the vacuum and forceps! I almost had an emergency c-section. He had no bedside manner. He is clearly does not care about his patient.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

Because Dr Gagnon sent me to a breast surgeon after a diagnostic mammogram showed to be cancer free my stage 2 breast cancer was found by Dr Clifford. Dr Gagnon made sure that I went to one of the best surgeons in the Dallas Fort Worth area.He gave me more than one surgeon to pick from all were excellent. Rebecca Roperf

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

After reading all of the reviews I have to say that they are all true. Dr. Gagnon was my OB for my first child (1995), miscarriage (1997) and twins (2002). True: he's very weight conscious which caused me to fast before each appt. (silly) However, I'm thankful because who knows how much I would have gained without a little pressure. He doesn't have the best bedside manner, but I have extreme confidence in his abilities as a physician and surgeon. I had complications with my twins and he was very hard on the nurses and staff who were trying to control my early contractions. He is well respected by nurses (my neighbor was a nurse at HEB) and his peers. I don't think he's an uncaring person, but I do agree his mood is different from one appt to the next. However, I chose (and continue to choose) his medical expertise over his lack of warmth. (I am a little bothered by his "aesthetics" practice, thinking it's an odd combination. But if I ever decide to have botox, I'll go to him!)

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

I have been going to Dr Gagnon since 1989. He is very attentive, knowledgeable, friendly, and very helpful with fertility issues. He delivered our son in 1990. I still receive annual checkups and have never had a problem with the doctor or his staff. He will comment on your weight during your annual checkup letting you know if you are at a healthy weight or not. His comments are for your own good. I found his comments to be motivating. Some women have trouble accepting the truth. These women will realize he was right one day when health complications are diagnosed. I would highly recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

Dr. Gagnon is a very knowledgeable doctor, and I found him to be very proactive regarding my high-risk pregnancies. However, he does come off a bit inattentive sometimes. He would literally be trying to walk out the door as we asked questions. I think he just really has good days and bad days. Every time my husband was with me, he was very inattentive and came off uncaring. However, when I went alone, he always spent a lot of time with me, answering all questions I had. Overall, he is very knowledgeable, but just don't expect him to have the same attitude every time you see him.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

After having several other doctors, Gagnon was willing to take on my high risk pregnancy. I have no complaints. He is experienced and has always been present at my appointments. If he is running late, he asks that I wait. After 10 years and 2 very very risky but successful pregnancies I am a happy customer. I delivered in 1998 at HEB and 2004 at Baylor. As for the front desk staff, yes, they are not the most cheery bunch...but as long as my bill was accurate and the main players (the doctors and the nurses) were ready and happy to deliver, it was ok with me!!! You wll not be dissapointed!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

When I was pregnant with my first child, he was very inattentive. I had an uneventful pregnancy and thought he might have been bored. The only thing he commented on was my weight. I gained 40 lbs and he told me to "eat more peaches". At the last visit before I delivered, I finally asked him if the baby was in the correct position because he gave no information to me- said nothing during my check ups. He told me that the baby was in position. My water broke that week. I went to the hospital the nurse checked me once and said 'something is wrong'. It turned out the baby was breech, and I had to have a c-section. I know that he couldn't have prevented this, but he should have known the baby was breech. I realized later that the babies head was tucked right under my rib cage. I didn't know how it felt different until I had my second child. If he had paid even slight attention, he would have known and a c-section could have been scheduled and not needed to be an emergency.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

I had a c-section and suffered from severe pain afterward. I went for my 6 week check-up and informed him of my pain issue and was sent for testing, when the tests came back that nothing was wrong with my ovaries-he was done with me. There was no follow-through after the birth. Other things-He said he was on call the day I went into labor and was not, gave me a prescription for hot flashes after the birth and never explained that the drug was an anit-depressant, I had to find out after I had already filled the prescription. No bedside manner- just because someone smiles does not mean they care.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2009

Dr.Gagnon delivered all 3 of my kids born 1984. 1986, 1988 and has also deliverd my daughters 3 kids born 2004,2007,2008 . He was right on top of things on all 6 pregnancy. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Dr Gagnon delivered both my kids. I have no complains. Very attentive and caring person. Spends enough time during office visit, answers all your questions, addresses all concerns. Never rushes. He was in the delivery room both times. Second time my baby stopped moving and he rushed me immediately to Baylor for additional checkup. Baylor confirmed his diagnosis and I was scheduled for immediate induction 2 days before my actual due date. Delivered healthy baby. He never pressured me into C-section, actually did everything to avoid it. Both kids born vaginally. even though I had a large chance to have a c-section. Very experienced. very business-like in a delivery room, which is great since doctor should be concerned primarily about safety of the baby and mother and concentrate only on his job and not on flirtation with patient or stuff. Would recommend to anybody.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2008

Dr. Maurice R. Gagnon's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Keller, TX