Ratings for Dr. Liesl B. Smith

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Smith diagnosed me with the herpes virus. I went to see her two times. She was short with me, seemed very judgmental and completely lacked compassion. The experience made me feel horrible. I've since switched obgyns.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2012

I've been going to Dr. smith as my OB for about six years, and I have had no issues with her at all. She answers questions and is plesant. I'm currently expecting my first child in September and she has been really great to deal with the entire pregnancy. Their wait time in the office is some times a little long, I just recommend getting an appointment first thing in the morning or right after lunch, that is when I have had the shortest wait time.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

dr,lisel smith is very unexperiance obgyn that i kno so far..she almost killed me..she told i have a dermoid cyst and did laproscopic and injured my intesetine and i almost died because her neglect which i don't even have cyst at all at the end...i had to be in hospital for two weeks and couldn't walk for two month with a help...and bad news after a year i'm trying to get prgenacy and i couldn't which i blame her every damage she create on me i hope she c this and c what i'm going through hard time

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

She pushes for unnecesary tests with her friends + No compassion. If you want natural birth dont go there. Presbyterian Hospital has a high rate of C-sec. If you dont care about an unnecesary C-section or to be pushed to get not mandatory tests like down, influenza vaccine and others.....then she is ok

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

Although Dr. Smith was always polite and professional through the 5 years I saw her, I had to endure numerous billing errors - one of which exceeded $400 and was entirely Dr. Smith's fault for using the incorrect format to write a prescription. Calls to the office for rectification were returned over a month and a half later with sorry excuses and an offer to reimburse me for only half the cost of the doctor's mistake. I can no longer afford to absorb the cost of this doctor's billing/record keeping mistakes.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

The first time I went to see her, I had to fill out new pt forms. One ? asked how many sexual partners I had, knowing I needed to be honest with my DR I wrote the actual #. She said it was too many for my age and we needed to do a full STD check because I most likely had one. I was NOT happy, I am not there to be judged by my past. Also, I have to have a certain procedure done every 3 months, and she was coding it to where insurance didn't want to hardly pay anything. I asked that she code it to where I didn't have to pay as much, and she said she couldn't. I was hysterical on the phone, and all she said was, "When do you want to reschedule?" She has absolutely NO compassion for her patients. I changed DRs immediately.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

Like the review before mine, Dr. Smith was pleasant the first time I met her. Since then, I've had 3-4 appts with her, and she always seems hurried and uninterested in my issues. Her medical assistant Laura is even worse - she's rude & doesn't explain anything, as if the patient should remember how to do everything on an annual exam. I'm going to find another obgyn.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

I hate going to OBGYN's, so when I go I wanted to be treated kindly and have time (say 10 min) to discuss problems and possible options to solve those problems. I went twice. The first time she sat me in her office and was pleasant. However the second time I went she was very frazzled and an important issue I had (extreeme pain) was shrugged off as not being a one problem but no other possibilities or help was offered. I was very clear and said multiple times the intensity of the pain and that it was not normal to me. She handed me the sheet to give the nurse and walked out without any further help. It may have been a bad or off day for her - but I don't want to waste my time when it is already uncomfortable for me to go, not to mention placing my trust in a doctor's care that doesn't have the time. However the nurses and staff were wonderful and provided much help and information.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

Dr. Liesl B. Smith's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1996)

Harvard-Pilgrim