Ratings for Dr. Simon M. Helfgott

I was called into room 15 mins early & seen despite advising staff I had not finished paperwork. They said, "no problem". Well, since I was in room less than six minutes, it was a problem, as I was not asked any more than five questions by doctor before he dismissed prior medical diagnoses, tests, and everything every other doctor had decided on the basis of NO medical evidence. Could we have a doctor here with the God complex? In short, he did not listen, and made me feel as though I was malingering even though retired. Did no tests, no examination, and is walking fine line in his snap judgements with no basis in fact. Fact that I was diagnosed on incomplete paperwork & not able to have human interaction is a shame. What good is a brilliant doctor if he has little interest in helping you?

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr. Held got was quick to make a decision about what Condition I did not have without even examining me. I was literally in the room for five minutes. I'm not sure if he was listening to me and he instantly dismissed options of other doctors who had followed my condition. Labs came back positive and with high sed rates, apparently he was not impressed and never called me back. Don't waste your time with this witch doctor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr. Helfgott was gruff, unfriendly and very distant. He didn't test me to find out what my condition actually was... I left his office without a diagnosis. What a waste of my time from an unprofessional man. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

We have been struggling to find a treatment for my RA as it is active, but my immune system has bottomed out and I keep getting sick while on the DMRs. It was a three and half hour ride into Boston. It cost 8$ to park. I was there early for the appointment and waited 25 minutes to be called by the dr. for my appointment......who called me Mr. as he had not bothered to read the three years of records sent by my Dr. along with notes. So he didn't even know if I was a male or female at this point. He had a referral from my Dr. but the only thing he could say to me was why are you here. It went down hill from there. I am beyond disgusted. He spent less than 10 minutes with me. Had never even bothered to look at my records or given my case any thought. I thought BW had a good reputation? Not so much based on this. He doesn't even want to see me again. He just wants me to send more records. It was everything that is wrong with medicine. I don't know if he has knowledge as he didn't disply much of anything. He definitely doesn't smile, or shake hands or really care about what the patient might have to think or say. I suggest you think twice before wasting your time on this practitioner.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

what a horrible experience! inattentive. busy on cell phone for at least half my appt.- total lack of interest in my case. I felt as if I were annoying him. X-rays were taken-never did get results Brilliant Dr at MGH was rec. to me- so pleased that I left helfgott

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

I find Dr. Helfgott to be extremely knowledgable, compassionate and patient.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

We saw Dr. Helfgott, a Fellow, and a Resident. The service was impressive, and punctual. The questions were direct and understanding, and the bedside mannor was conforting. overall, I would highly recomend this Doctor and his team.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

I was recommended to Dr. Helfgott for my RA. Was a bit worried about switching doctors, but it turned out for the better. Even though I may never be cured, I won't put it past Dr. Helfgott. His great beside manner and even better suggestions are a fantastic combo.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2008

Dr. Helfgott is a great doctor and is very knowledgeable. He answers all of your questions and also asks you questions. He's always thinking of ways to treat you.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2007