Dr. Simon M. Helfgott

You may also like

Dr. Helfgott was gruff, unfriendly and very distant. He didn't test me to find out what my condition actually was... I left his office without a diagnosis. What a waste of my time from an unprofessional man. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

We have been struggling to find a treatment for my RA as it is active, but my immune system has bottomed out and I keep getting sick while on the DMRs. It was a three and half hour ride into Boston. It cost 8$ to park. I was there early for the appointment and waited 25 minutes to be called by the dr. for my appointment......who called me Mr. as he had not bothered to read the three years of records sent by my Dr. along with notes. So he didn't even know if I was a male or female at this point. He had a referral from my Dr. but the only thing he could say to me was why are you here. It went down hill from there. I am beyond disgusted. He spent less than 10 minutes with me. Had never even bothered to look at my records or given my case any thought. I thought BW had a good reputation? Not so much based on this. He doesn't even want to see me again. He just wants me to send more records. It was everything that is wrong with medicine. I don't know if he has knowledge as he didn't disply much of anything. He definitely doesn't smile, or shake hands or really care about what the patient might have to think or say. I suggest you think twice before wasting your time on this practitioner.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

what a horrible experience! inattentive. busy on cell phone for at least half my appt.- total lack of interest in my case. I felt as if I were annoying him. X-rays were taken-never did get results Brilliant Dr at MGH was rec. to me- so pleased that I left helfgott

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

I find Dr. Helfgott to be extremely knowledgable, compassionate and patient.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

We saw Dr. Helfgott, a Fellow, and a Resident. The service was impressive, and punctual. The questions were direct and understanding, and the bedside mannor was conforting. overall, I would highly recomend this Doctor and his team.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

I was recommended to Dr. Helfgott for my RA. Was a bit worried about switching doctors, but it turned out for the better. Even though I may never be cured, I won't put it past Dr. Helfgott. His great beside manner and even better suggestions are a fantastic combo.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2008

Dr. Helfgott is a great doctor and is very knowledgeable. He answers all of your questions and also asks you questions. He's always thinking of ways to treat you.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2007

what a great person! he helped me with my vasculitis- and i recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted November 2, 2006

I saw him at Braintree Hospital. He seemed to know what he was talking about.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2006

Dr. Simon M. Helfgott's Credentials

Tufts

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Helfgott was gruff, unfriendly and very distant. He didn't test me to find out what my condition actually was... I left his office without a diagnosis. What..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "We have been struggling to find a treatment for my RA as it is active, but my immune system has bottomed out and I keep getting sick while on the DMRs. It was ..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "what a horrible experience! inattentive. busy on cell phone for at least half my appt.- total lack of interest in my case. I felt as if I were annoying him. ..."

July 8, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=23681'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.2

February 5, 2014