Ratings for Dr. V. JOHN Gonino

I have seen Dr. Gonino for approximately 13 years and have referred numerous friends and family to him during this time. He doesn't always tell me what I want to hear, but he tells me what I need to hear. Sometimes I have to change some things I am doing, not doing, or eating to feel better. He doesn't just give diagnoses/medications and move on. He tries to find the root of the problem and looks at the body as a system working together instead of looking only at isolated parts. If you are a person who believes you need an antibiotic every time you get the sniffles, you will probably not be happy with Dr. Gonino. He is cautious about over-prescribing medications and prescribing medications that are more detrimental than beneficial. He will give you what you need within these parameters, however. Dr. Gonino promotes natural medications and supplements as well as IV therapies. I truly don't know where I would be health wise if I hadn't gotten a referral to him from a friend all those years ago. I feel so strongly about his expertise that I pay out-of-pocket for everything at his office since he isn't on my insurance! Even though I have had some minor issues with the office staff or getting calls back through the years, I remind myself that it must be extremely difficult to coordinate all the services provided in that office. Overall, they do a great job and work late when needed to accommodate patient schedules. You simply won't find more caring professionals than those at Gonino Center for Healing!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

I left my family practice md because he was not open to natural healing. Dr Goninos staff understands what I am talking about with alternative methods. I’m going to be getting the EDTA I’ve treatment to treat my hypertension and hopefully get off medications for it. I like the fact that I can get alternative treatments such as the hyperbaric ocuteness chamber amount others if I wish. I am a practical nurse and a alternative health practitioner and I like sending my patients to this office for things that I am not able to do for them such as lab work and procedures. Margaret Bristow lvn

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

My dad trusted Dr Gonino with his life. Dr Gonino failed my dad, on repeat, through his final days. Please, please, PLEASE go somewhere else if you have cancer. He will not be straight forward with you, there will never be a treatment plan, he will argue with and yell at your family members, he will not give you the pain relief you need, he will overcharge you... the list goes on and on. Contact me if you want details.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

He is an Excellent, Loving and Caring Dr., who is Truly led by The Holy Spirit. God used Dr. G. To save my sons life after the hospital got him sicker. The Staff and all the Nurses are exceptional as well. The Gonino Wellness Center is filled with Love, and "God is Love, thus, LOVE HEALS❤

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

I had my first visit with Dr. Gonina this week and I have never had so much peace about my health until that day. What a spirit filled place! I am so excited about my journey I am now on with the staff there.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I made an appointment at Dr Gonino's office two weeks prior to my appointment. I called and spoke with a member of his staff and explained I had mercury filling removed from my mouth and my dentist suggested I get chelation done to remove the mercury from my body. The girl I spoke with said absolutely and made me an appointment to come in and get Chelation. I drive over an hour to get to my appointment at Dr Gonino's only to have his extremely RUDE staff tell me they won't do Chelation until I see the provider have blood work. Which they can't do today because they didn't make me the correct appointment. So the incompetent staff failed to make me the correct appointment and follow whatever protocols they have. How am I to know what you require before Chelation. So I not only waisted my time and my gas. I also had to deal with the unapologetic rude staff!!! Not only was I a patient but so is my fiancé and he has spent thousands of dollars with Dr Gonino's office! Well neither of us will ever go back!! There are plenty of Holistic Doctors office that will treat there patients better. Horrible experience and this is not the first time I've dealt with the rude staff just the final straw. Alysia

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Disciplinary Action against V. John Gonino, D.O. Stephen Barrett, M.D. In 2013 and 2015, V. John Gonino, D.O., who operates the Gonino Center for Healing in Heath, Texas, signed mediated agreed orders to settle charges by the Texas Medical Board that he improperly treated five patients. The 2013 order (shown below), which settled charges related to four patients, states that (a) his records were inadequate, (b) he had failed to address the patients' underlying problems, and (c) he had prescribed "alternative therapies" without appropriate supporting laboratory evidence or informed consent. The treatment included chelation therapy and other intravenous infusions. The agreement required Gonino to revise his disclosure and consent forms, pass a medical jurisprudence examination, complete a record keeping course, and take continuing education courses in integrative medicine, billing, and ethics. The 2015 order settled charges that he had improperly treated a woman with metastatic ovarian cancer. The complaint stated that Gonino (a) said he would "detox her toxins as an alternative to chemo and radiation" and (b) had administered vitamin C, superoxide dismutase, coffee enemas, multicleanse, and chelation therapy, none of which were appropriate or effective." Because the fifth patient's situation pre-dated and was similar to the cases covered in the 2013 order, the board issued a reprimand but imposed no additionalk requirements and said that the action should not be considered to be an independent disciplinary action. LICENSE NO. J-2032 IN THE MATTER OF THE LICENSE OF V. JOHN GONINO, D.O. BEFORE THE TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

I have been going to this facility for all my medical needs since I was in middle school (and they were in Rowlett). I haven't been overly thrilled with them for the last few years. It started when they continually billed my lab work through a provider that wasn't covered by my insurance. Today was really the icing on the cake to find another facility. Sunday I stabbed my hand with a rusty nail. I called at 8:30 Monday to see when my last tetanus shot was...they didn't have it in their online records and would need to pull my file from storage and let me know. I stress the need for an urgent response since I need to know if I need to go get a booster within 48 hours of Sunday. Hours later, at 4:15 (15 mins before they stop answering calls for the day), I call back to see what's going on because I haven't heard from anyone. They still haven't sent anyone. When I press, they say it takes 3-5 days. I press more and they can "maybe" see if medical records will go tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last day of my 48 window to get the booster. So I get put on a looonnngg hold and the receptionist gets back on and says, you should go get the booster. Well OBVIOUSLY I can get the booster, I am trying to avoid spending the time and money going to get one last minute by checking MY OWN MEDICAL RECORDS. These people are ridiculous. I will NEVER come back here again and I will NEVER recommend their clinic to anyone (over the last 10+ years I have sent people here, I will tell them to STOP coming here!). You cannot treat patients like this when you are the only one who has their medical history records. Disgusting!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

As a Stage 4 breast cancer patient, my allopathic doctor had basically written me off. I can't blame him since Western medicine does little to educate their practitioners. After traveling to Mexico for immunotherapy, I looked for a doctor in the Dallas area to continue treatments. I am blessed to have been led to Dr. Gonino. He is kind, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable about alternative care. I am hopeful and highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

He is a healer and is a breathe if fresh air to the alternative pill pushing money making Drs who invest in pharmaceutical stocks...while having an IV I was speaking with girl sitting next to me who told me she flies to TX a couple times a yr for his IV treatments she has MS and she stated to.me before seeing Dr G she was in a wheelchair and since doing the IV therapy and gave up all the poisonous meds that were destroying her healthy parts of her body and no longer uses a wheelchair..

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. V. JOHN Gonino's Credentials

• Univ Of N Tx Hlth Sci Ctr, Tx Coll Osteo Med, Ft Worth Tx 76107 (Grad. 1991)