Ratings for Dr. V. JOHN Gonino

Disciplinary Action against V. John Gonino, D.O. Stephen Barrett, M.D. In 2013 and 2015, V. John Gonino, D.O., who operates the Gonino Center for Healing in Heath, Texas, signed mediated agreed orders to settle charges by the Texas Medical Board that he improperly treated five patients. The 2013 order (shown below), which settled charges related to four patients, states that (a) his records were inadequate, (b) he had failed to address the patients' underlying problems, and (c) he had prescribed "alternative therapies" without appropriate supporting laboratory evidence or informed consent. The treatment included chelation therapy and other intravenous infusions. The agreement required Gonino to revise his disclosure and consent forms, pass a medical jurisprudence examination, complete a record keeping course, and take continuing education courses in integrative medicine, billing, and ethics. The 2015 order settled charges that he had improperly treated a woman with metastatic ovarian cancer. The complaint stated that Gonino (a) said he would "detox her toxins as an alternative to chemo and radiation" and (b) had administered vitamin C, superoxide dismutase, coffee enemas, multicleanse, and chelation therapy, none of which were appropriate or effective." Because the fifth patient's situation pre-dated and was similar to the cases covered in the 2013 order, the board issued a reprimand but imposed no additionalk requirements and said that the action should not be considered to be an independent disciplinary action. LICENSE NO. J-2032 IN THE MATTER OF THE LICENSE OF V. JOHN GONINO, D.O. BEFORE THE TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

I have been going to this facility for all my medical needs since I was in middle school (and they were in Rowlett). I haven't been overly thrilled with them for the last few years. It started when they continually billed my lab work through a provider that wasn't covered by my insurance. Today was really the icing on the cake to find another facility. Sunday I stabbed my hand with a rusty nail. I called at 8:30 Monday to see when my last tetanus shot was...they didn't have it in their online records and would need to pull my file from storage and let me know. I stress the need for an urgent response since I need to know if I need to go get a booster within 48 hours of Sunday. Hours later, at 4:15 (15 mins before they stop answering calls for the day), I call back to see what's going on because I haven't heard from anyone. They still haven't sent anyone. When I press, they say it takes 3-5 days. I press more and they can "maybe" see if medical records will go tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last day of my 48 window to get the booster. So I get put on a looonnngg hold and the receptionist gets back on and says, you should go get the booster. Well OBVIOUSLY I can get the booster, I am trying to avoid spending the time and money going to get one last minute by checking MY OWN MEDICAL RECORDS. These people are ridiculous. I will NEVER come back here again and I will NEVER recommend their clinic to anyone (over the last 10+ years I have sent people here, I will tell them to STOP coming here!). You cannot treat patients like this when you are the only one who has their medical history records. Disgusting!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

As a Stage 4 breast cancer patient, my allopathic doctor had basically written me off. I can't blame him since Western medicine does little to educate their practitioners. After traveling to Mexico for immunotherapy, I looked for a doctor in the Dallas area to continue treatments. I am blessed to have been led to Dr. Gonino. He is kind, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable about alternative care. I am hopeful and highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

He is a healer and is a breathe if fresh air to the alternative pill pushing money making Drs who invest in pharmaceutical stocks...while having an IV I was speaking with girl sitting next to me who told me she flies to TX a couple times a yr for his IV treatments she has MS and she stated to.me before seeing Dr G she was in a wheelchair and since doing the IV therapy and gave up all the poisonous meds that were destroying her healthy parts of her body and no longer uses a wheelchair..

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I love Dr. Gonino and his office staff! The environment is peaceful and welcoming!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Thank you so much for helping me with my many health problems. I wouldn’t be here many times over without you and your treatments. They make me feel so good. No doctor but you has ever noticed that I had thyroid problems or gluten allergies. I would never have known enough about nutrition without your class. My whole family has benefited from that. When I first came to you I was so sick I felt like I couldn’t get better. I told you once that you are the best doctor I have ever seen in my life, I still think so. I appreciate everything you have done for me.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

My wife and I have gone to Dr Gonino for over 10 years and respect his recommendations. The staff is friendly, kind and really cares about my health. I have been to other offices in the past and it seems I am just another #. Dr Gonino and staff has always made me feel like they care. I would recommend him to my family.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

My wife and I went to Dr. Gonino for years and we both liked him and felt like the care was good. But the office staff (especially billing) has been terrible from the beginning. We stopped going because getting an appointment was nearly impossible and when you finally got one, a one hour wait was pretty much expected. The IVs and the supplement pushing was the final straw. We left five years ago and haven't looked back.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

Marissa is the BEST! She is their new PA. She is so sweet and real ! She is a very selfless person, and has a burden for poor people in other countries that can't afford medical care. She listens, allows you to be somewhat in charge of your own health, and gives you the OPTION of the supplements and IVs (no one is there to MAKE you do anything). It doesn't matter WHO owns the supplement companies that make the products that they sell- if it WORKS, then "more power to you"!! I am glad that I am going there. I haven't had any negative experiences with them yet.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

I have recommended Dr. G to many people. My husband and I have been seeing him for about two years now. He has helped me so much more than any other doctor I have ever seen. You never have to wait. His assistants are so helpful and caring as his Dr. G. I have never had any other doctor call my home to check on me on his day off after a particularly bad week (for me). My health is much better than it was when I began going to him. My husband and I did the candida diet for a month and felt so much better afterwards. In fact, we have stuck to some of the things we learned on that diet. As far as insurance, I have Aetna and my husband has BCBS. BCBS does not cover everything but Aetna covers most of his services. The only negative is that I have such a hard time getting an appoiintment with him since he has become so busy.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Dr. V. JOHN Gonino's Credentials

• Univ Of N Tx Hlth Sci Ctr, Tx Coll Osteo Med, Ft Worth Tx 76107 (Grad. 1991)