Ratings for Dr. Scott R. Goodove

I have never in 59 years had such a terrible experience in any medical office as I had yesterday in this office. I'll never know if the doctor was any good because I walked out after a very disturbing, infuriating and insulting experience with the receptionist. I can only assume that she is a reflection of the doctor and his policies. I brought my 56 year old mentally disabled sister to this office on a referral from her dentist for an evaluation of several lesions at the back of her mouth. My sister is completely unable to care for or speak for herself and I have taken her to many other medical offices over time and NEVER been asked to prove with legal documents that I had the authority to have her seen or actually prove with documentation that she was who I said she was. This receptionist actually implied that we were faking who she was because she does not possess a photo ID - why we would do that was never explained. I had both my sister's primary and secondary insurance cards but for the first time ever that was far from enough. It became apparent that there was NO concern or care for the patient at hand - it was all about concern that they somehow would not be paid. When I questioned how she wanted me to sign her forms, the receptionist was demanding that I sign to be held financially responsible, something that my lawyer has explicitly instructed me NOT to ever do. When I told her that, she simply would not take no as an answer. At that point, I realized that this was not a medical practice that cares about and works with individual patient circumstances; they are a cold money machine with a robotic staff. I walked out and felt obliged to warn other potential patients that if you don't fit the cookie-cutter mold as a patient, you will be much better served passing on this practice and going to a real, caring and human doctor.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017