Ratings for Dr. Loyd A. West

Dr. West performed my hysterectomy after a cancer diagnosis. I found him to be very organized and efficient, he answered all my questions and did a great job of explaining the procedure and my test results. He met with my family and looked in on me twice during my overnight post-operative stay. Dr. West does very gentle but thorough exams and I trust him completely. I have had an easy recovery from my surgery and would recommend this physician to anyone with gynecologic cancer.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

pretty much got what i expected- a referral within the good ole boy club. though he asked more questions about overall health history, his interest was clearly not oriented to investigating MY concerns, but vlaidating my referring doctor, who i made very clear i would NOT be returning to. wasted time drawing me a diagram and writing down things he knew i knew already- might be a good illustrator for a childrens book, but highly insulting for someone educated in healthcare. What woman wouldn't know the difference between a menstrual cramp and something far worse??? refused to give referrals to the specialists he recommended, 'not knowing any'-'er i might'. Ridiculous can't even touch this rational, having researched him and his affiliations beforehand. Perfect example that men have no business working in gynecology, unless they've grown a uterus. Really.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

Dr. Loyd A. West's Credentials

• Dartmouth Medical School (Grad. 1993)