Ratings for Dr. George S. Weinberger

Have been seeing him since 1982. He's a wonderful, diligent, Doctor. Anne Flett-Giordano

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

I became Dr Weinberger's patient when i was in my early 20's. I liked his friendly manner. Other than that I wish I hadn't trusted his advice. I only have one ovary and rather than tell me that I have a limited amount of eggs and should consider getting pregnant sooner than later. He continually assured me that his wife had their first child at 45 yrs. of age and there was no rush. At 35 after never getting pregnant I went to a fertility specialist and he said my FSH was the level of a 90 yr old woman. He was appalled that Dr. W was telling me that I had plenty if time to get pregnant. Weinberger never once mentioned estrogen level was abnormally low for my age. The fertility specialist wouldn't even accept me as a candidate for fertility treatment. Half the time he would tell me my urine sample looked fine when i didn't even leave one. Needless to say, I will never recommend Dr Weinberger to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

This guy saved my life. Literally. Fifteen years ago, my primary care physician -- and I use that term loosely -- called to tell me that my most recent mammogram looked normal, and while admitting there was initially "some concern" on the part of the radiologist about my left breast, he assured me that no further action was necessary. By the grace of God, I told the primary to forward my film to my OB/GYN, Dr. Weinberger. The very next day I got a call from Dr. Weinberger saying, and I quote, "You need to see a surgeon asap, honey." Shortly thereafter, I received life-saving surgery for what turned out to be early-stage breast cancer. Had I not insisted that my film be forwarded to Dr. Weinberger, my cancer would have gone undiagnosed, possibly until it was too late, and I would not be here today writing this review. He is the best. Accept no substitutes.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

After coming as close to death as possible during my first pregnancy with ANOTHER physician, I stopped getting my menstrual cycle. Over seven years without my cyle I went to obgyn after obgyn who told me each and every one that I went through menopause as well as a host of other problems including in two cases, cancer, (I was 30yrs old at the time of my first doctors visit in which I recieved this info) and that due to this I obviously could not have another child, which was devastating to me. Then, seven years in and absolutely crestfallen, my friend suggested I see Dr. Weinberger and said if ANYONE could help me, it would be him. Well, after two quick visits, Dr. Weinberger informed me that I had indeed NOT gone through menopause and might still yet get my period, but either way I COULD have a baby with hormones. 3 days later I got my cycle + continue to this day. In addition, Dr. Weinberger has the lovliest bedside manner. Because of him I am pregnant today!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

I really like dr. w. I recently got pregnant with my first child and was anxious to see a dr as soon as I found out. every other obgyn wouldn't see me till 8 weeks. he saw me at 4 wks and has consistently been checking on me. And he has great bedside manners. my only complain is that he only delivers at cedar and I hate that hospital.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Weinberger for over 15 years and I have nothing but positive comments. He is a kind man and a knowledgable man and he delivered my child. He is currently helping me through menopause. I am always wary of negative comments in these forums... I have a friend who also went to Dr. Weinberger and she "fired" him after he refused to accomodate her in some of her pregnancy requests. I know my friend and she is an unreasonable pain in the ass. She fires all her doctors eventually because she has such ridiculous expectations and has a huge sense of entitlement. So, again, grain of salt.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

Dr. Weinberger is the greatest doctor I have ever Met. Anything Negative that has been said about him is completely false! I have known him for Many years as my doctor as well as his staff and have met hundreds of his patiens and no matter what negative comments are made about him I know that nothing negative would ever happen under his care due to his care or advice. You can hand a dehydrated person a glass of water to drink, but if they do not want to drink it you can not force them to make the right decision...

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

i've known george now for 25 years, which means i knew him and needed him when young, through the birth of my son and now through menopause! he's terrific!! always patient and kind and SMART, which is what you need from a doctor, don't you think?

flag | Submitted March 14, 2010

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

Dr. George S. Weinberger's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1972)