Ratings for Dr. Michael K. Hughes

Dr. Hughes was not good at explaining, easily frustrated, and abrupt. I feel as a woman I was spoken down to when I tried to seek further understanding. It was disappointing to be treated in a defensive way without offering understanding and explaining medically the diagnosis with kindness, but obvious irritation.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr Hughes has helped my family with Eye emergencies metal in the eyes etc, and he does a thorough eye exam, plus they carry the best and most up to date frame selection for glasses. I give Hughes Eye Clinic a 5 star rating..

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr Hughes is the best eye Doctor in Gillette hands down. He has been the greatest eye Doctor I have ever had. I have been in glasses for more than 40yrs, so I've seen my share of eye doctors in my life. I had lasik done on my eyes because Dr Hughes told me it would be life changing for me. He again was so so right. I can now see 20/15 and I was at -825 to - 850. Now all I need is readers. I would like to thank Dr Hughes and his staff FOR ALL THEY HAVE DONE FOR ME!!! Thank you soooo much

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

Dr. Hughes is known to be the best eye doctor in Gillette--hands down. If you want a doctor that will give you a very thorough exam-- he is the one. The office help did a great job at being very attentive to my needs, and recommending glasses that look fabulous for my face frame. Excellent experience!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2011

Due to an allergic reaction. Dr. Hughes prescribed some drops, which I will forever be grateful for the relief.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Hughes and his Staff are amazing. They have always been so helpful and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

I have been treated in this office for some time. I have always been treated with respect & honesty. The staff have always been very helpful & have been able to take care of my every need. Dr. Hughes has always had my best interests at heart & has always made sure I understood any issue that might have arisen with my eyesight. He has always made time to answer any questions or concerns I might have had. I am grateful to each & everyone for their kindness & attention to my every need. I have never had to wait for more than a few minutes for the doctor. Each time I have needed my glasses fixed or even just cleaned, they always take care of my with a smile. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Two new pairs of perscription safety glasses w/ scratch resistant coatings. Scratched very easily. Staff initially refused replacement guaranty using the well-practiced "they're scratch resistant, not scratch proof." I tried to joke, cajole, and push for replacement, and was not abusive and did not raise my voice. I was ultimately successful in getting replacement lenses for both pairs, but was told not to come back. The staff villified me to the doctor who decided not to keep me as a patient. He did not take the time to find out my side of the story. From the time I entered the store to the time I left with my records, I felt that their main goal was to sell more stuff rather than provide eye care. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a health care provider.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr. Michael K. Hughes's Credentials

• Southern California College Of Optometry (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Gillette, WY