Ratings for Dr. James J. Aversa

This doctor was absolutely wonderful. He answered all my questions and was very patient. It is unfortunate other reviews here were not as pleased but I love Dr. Aversa! I have referred many friends and friends' families to him and will continue to do so. He is very kind and also has a great sense of humor! I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I switched from another doctor hoping that I would get more personal service from this one-doctor practice. Well for both annual visits I've had, I didn't really feel that I got much more compared to my old eye dr. I have great insurance which never cost me extra money for my routine exams with my old doctor. However every time Dr Aversa always came up with items that required me to pay out of pocket. Yet I didn't get a good explanation why. I'm switching back to my old eye dr.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr charge twice more than other doctors promising special contact lense service which is not the case.Dr does not want to explaine or share info. Dr tried several times ordering contacts when other doctor got first time. Dr is very nice, but I wish never went to see him, wasted money and time.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

could not understand why contacts did not give good vision I also complained of halo around headlights at night as was told it was probably glare from windows or glasses - I decided to check with another dr and found out I had cataracts. Dr aversa did not prescribe contacts for astigmatism. The new dr did and see 100% better.Also I found out dr aversa did not tell me I had cataracts.was appalled to find this out. he is NOT a good dr. Also I was not made aware a procedure was outside my ins coverage - all my other physicians tell me is there may be a problem, w ins and then I have the option to check it out first or go with procedure. I wasn't even asked If I wanted the procedure he just did it and told me as he was doing it. So I basically had no choice. I am very dissappointed. In the past I have also had major issues with getting my contact prescription correct when reordering. Basically the office asked ME what was my prescription because they were confused. Overall I have become very dissatisfied

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Pro's = Good Equipment, Parking and Very Friendly Atmosphere. Optician is right there too. Unlike other doctors he is very polite, patient and respectful. Con's = Doesn't have the "latest" knowlege, bit too greedy and not available when you really need him. Will call you for a follow up within 2-3 days of your exam and keep charging you copays, this makes me wonder whether the diagnosis is accurate and proactive or whether they are trying to have a problem prolong so that later they can extract money.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Dr. James J. Aversa's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Optometry (Grad. 1985)