Ratings for Dr. Michael H. Lavyne

Dr. Lavyne performed L4-5 surgery on me about 17 years ago after holding off until I could not stand the pain any longer. It was not as though he was in a rush to operate but I could barely walk by that time despite therapy. Dr. Lavyne was terrific. He was patient, informative and explained how the surgery would work and what I could expect afterward.The day after my surgery I waled out of the hospital after tying my shoes without excruciating pain fro the first time in along time. The comments about him being arrogant could be because he is very confident and sure of his skills and makes no pretense about it. If I needed another operation he would be my guy.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

nov 19th 2013 Dr Lavyne performed my surgery in March 2002 and I was extremely pleased with the results. He was polite knowledgeable and a caring human being. 11 years later I went back to him as a consultant because i thought so highly of him as a surgeon and once again was pleased with his wealth of knowledge medical suggestions and helpfulness. I would refer anybody in need to him as a surgeon and now as a consultant.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2013

had surgery on 10-3-2001. fusion of c-5-6 ,the the doctor also had to remove pieces of my disc that was causing swelling of my spinal cord. very conscientous & excellent doctor & a gentlemen. was able to be in contact with him for 1 year after my surgery. he was able to answer my questions in an understandable & expeditious manner. by the way i have had no problems for almost 10 years , full range of motion , no loss of strength to my arms & legs & no pain

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Extremely happy with Dr. Lavyne. He was serious but very corteous and took his time explaining my problem and procedure needed. Surgery went very well and I my situation was resolved exactly as he said. I would recommend Dr. Lavyne highly. His assistant Stacey was very helpful as well in all the process refering to payment and insurance.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

I first met Dr. Lavyne 21 years ago. He was very straighforward and knoweldgeable about my condition.. spinal stenosis. He performed surgery and I as up and about in no time. Since then I have had no problems. I then hurt my neck, and the discs began to degenerate. He explained how this would progress, sent me for orthopedic doc for therapy . He is in no rush to operate. Its been almost 15 years and I still have not had surgery on this condition. I trust Dr. Lavyne 1000% and have recommended several people who have all had a positive experience.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

I visited 4 neurosurgeons after a lifting accident caused 2 years of pain. He was thorough, kind & explained my problem clearly. I decided on having surgery. He was terrific!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010

Dr Lavyne performed two microdiscectomies on me about a year apart, and both came out very well (climbing 17,000' mountains 6 years out). If anything, he is a bit conservative about the likelihood of good outcomes. 'Warm and fuzzy' is maybe not his strong point, but I don't expect that from a talented neurosurgeon. He pulled me back from the verge of being crippled at 29, and returned me to health. I recommend him very highly, and although I hope never to require his care again, I would do so without reservation.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

Had two spinal sugeries (different vertebrae) with Dr. Lavyne. He is most knowlegeable and skilled surgeon. Results were excellent both times and full recovery in about 2 weeks. Insurance is the only issue...no Medicare!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

Exactly one month ago Dr. Lavyne performed surgery on my back to remove a benign tumor. I am now feeling great and ready to travel to Europe. I have no pain at all and so far I am very happy with the outcome of the surgery. I disagree with some of the comments. Dr. Lavyne was not arrogant at all, he was very professional, polite and patient. He answered all my questions during my pre-op visit and returned all my calls after my surgery. I would definitely recommend him. I know he does not accept all insurances and that might be a problem, however he is highly experienced and included in the NY Times 'Best Doctors' list. I will post an updated comment on how I am doing again in a couple of months.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. Lavayne was the kindest, most caring, brilliant doctors I've ever met. He was thoughful and patient and most importantly, gave me back my life! When I woke up from the microdisectomy he did on me my excruciating pain was gone. As he promised I would be, I am now good as new. For anyone who suffers from back pain, you cannot do yourself a better favor than to see Dr. Lavayne!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. Michael H. Lavyne's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1972)