Ratings for Dr. Nicole L. Carlson

Dr. Carlson is more than a doctor she is more like family to me I have been through a lot in the last few years she was there for me all the time and I will never change doctors I have had bad experiences with Dr. Landsburg and Dr. Teh she is the best and will always be there for anyone who needs not just a doctor but a friend I love u Nicole

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

I would never trust anyone else to take care of me but Dr. Carlso

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Amazing Doctor delivered my first via c section and made me laugh and feel comfortable during surgery . Pregnant with my second i have been high risk and i feel i am in great hands with her , she is straightforward and will keep you very informed

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr. Carlson is a wonderful doctor! I ony have seen her for regular gynecological visits (I have not yet had any children), but I plan on using her for future pregnancies as well! She is very professional and friendly, as well as incredibly knowledgeable! I have not had to wait in the waiting room for long periods of time, except for once when she was returning from a delivery. I highly recommend her for any woman of any age.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I love dr Carlson!!! She delivered my son in 2009 and it was the best experience I had yet. I had a high risk pregnancy with bad gestational diabetes and she did nothing but ensure me it would all work out. I am due around Christmas with my 3rd child and have had nothing but great turn out so far. She acts more like a friend than a dr and knows her stuff! I was nervous about her switch to UPMC but would never think about going to anyone but her for this next child :)

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I would NOT recommend Dr. Carlson to anyone. My wife had a complex issue creating lots of extra pain in her pregnancy and Dr. Carlson withheld information that could have helped us address the issue. Instead, she told us to wait and return the next week. Instead of explaining what was happening, she withheld the information, forced us to wait for lack of knowledge as to what was going on, and the next week she revealed the happenstance that we were unable to act on. On a separate occasion, Dr. Carlson had to leave the office during our appointment time due to another person going into labor. She left the office and we rescheduled the appointment but she still charged us for "medical services." When I objected, the billing group informed me that Dr. Carlson refused to remove the charges from our account because a nurse practitioner had seen us. But the nurse practitioner had only seen us long enough to explain why Dr. Carlson had to leave. We received no "medical services."

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

You cannot find a better doctor!!! I have a blood clotting disorder that could have created complications with my pregnancy. She went above and beyond to make sure my baby and I were safe and healthy the entire pregnancy. I got a ton of ultrasounds, which is not a common practice by other OBGYNs. Most people I talked to only get 1. Nicole was very friendly and made my husband and I feel very comfortable when we met with her. I ended up in the hospital a couple of times for overnight monitoring and Nicole was always sure to come see me. She fought many battles on my behalf but also took every precaution to make sure we were healthy. I ended up having a serious health event a week after giving birth and Nicole was extremely supportive by spending the extra time talking to my husband and providing her professional medical guidance. She also has a heart of gold because she sees low income and drug addicted patients that other doctors refuse. Nicole is simply the best there is.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

One of my friends told me information that she should have not known. She was told the information by a worker there. My friend is here sitting with me as I type this and she received a letter basically saying she was lying. How then, did she know about my problems? I haven't told anyone! I will not be going back to her because my privacy has been taken away from me. Just because my friend refused to give out her friends names and make her friends look bad, they are calling her a liar. I WILL NOT give my money to this woman who does not take my friend's word. I'm saddened, but I should have listened to my friend about going to Carlson, since her information was compromised when the one worker worked at Jameson Hospital.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

The waiting room wait is always long as well as the wait after being taken into an exam room. Wasn't too thrilled at how paper-thin the walls apparently are. I was shocked to hear full conversations between the Dr. and another patient and her issues in the room directly beside mine. Kind of unnerving knowing that someone could possibly hear everything that I was saying to the Dr. The biggest problems I've had are a misscheduled appointment and my information accidentally being entered under another patient's file who had the same last name as me. I'm also not pleased with how rushed she seems when she finally comes in the exam room. It's as if she tries to take on too many patients at a time.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

Dr. Nicole L. Carlson's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)