Ratings for Dr. David J. Macdougall

Three surgeries on all areas of spine. No problems related to what he did in any case.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I have been to his office 3 times and always his staff is nice and professional. Dr. MacDougall takes the time and makes sure you understand what is going on and the process you are going through.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT AND HAVE HERNIATED DISCS C-5 THROUGH C-7. HE RECOMMENDED PT WHICH I DID FOR 6 MONTHS WITH MINIMAL RELIEF. NOW SAYS TO TO HAVE THE ACDF SURGERY OR DEAL WITH THE PAIN. DOES NOT PRESCRIBE MEDS UNLESS HE DOES SURGERY AND WILL NOT RELEASE THE COST OF SURGERY FOR LITIGATION PURPOSES. NOT HAPPY. BEEN A YEAR TODAY AND I HAVE TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE TO GET SOME SORT OF RELIEF AND DETAILS OF WHATEVER SURGERY HE IS SAYING I NEED. I DO NOT WANT SCARS ON THE FRONT OF MY NECK NOR WANT TO HAVE SOMEONE DIGGING AROUND NEAR MY SPINAL CORD. ESPECIALLY SINCE HE SAID IT IS A 50/50 SHOT TO FEELING BETTER. HIS WORDS WERE "YOU ARE TRADING ONE PAIN FOR ANOTHER, ITS ALL IN WHAT YOU WANT TO LIVE WITH". DO NOT FEEL THAT IS VERY GOOD BEDSIDE MANNER...

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

I am in greater pain than before my surgery. 1yr post op and still unable to work from a routine surgery. He doesn't manage pain even while in hospital. He doesn't see patients after surgery but let's a med student release them from hospital. And when you call in staff doesnt return calls. He will not call you back even with a personal promise to do so.He relies on the opinion of his nurse practitioner too much. He doesn't asses the patient himself.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

because of a car wreck a year ago he was more concerned about workmans commp getting involved (of which my case is closed) than my own health. I have no no other recourse but to find a more cooperative doctor.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I had a bulging disc in L5/S1 pressing on my sciatic nerve in 2003. I lived with it for 6 months, tried chiropractic for months, until he ordered an MRI and we saw the problem. He sent me to Dr. Macdougall - surgery was my only option, except live with it (I'm a diabetic and could not do cortisone injections). He was able to get me in for surgery within a couple of weeks and I was immediately pain free. He is a very nice man, knowledgeable, listens to his patients. Did not order any more needless tests. I think he's the best. Now I live in Odessa again and need more surgery on the same disc. I would really like to go back to him, but it's a little inconvenient since I'm so far away.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

I believe this neurosurgeon is one of the best in the Houston area. He is personable and spends the time needed to help you understand your issues. He allowed me to participate in making the decisions regarding treatment options best directed at my problem.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

I read the review on thois docotr from 1/09 someone else had put in. I fully disagree. This person likely was disgruntled, as the docotr is excellent. He spends time with you, treats you like an individual, and he is an excellent surgeon. His reputation in the Baytown and Houston community is excellent. When a neurosurgical issue is mentioned, even among any person in our community, his name comes up as among the best of the best.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Poor Attitude from the doctor

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

I felt very well treated and listened to. Additionally, this doctor seemed very skilled to recognize things others, who had treated me, had not. He pinpointed the problem very rapidly. I wished I had gone here first.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2005