Ratings for Dr. Peter F. Kelly

Never ever go to this doctor. Extremely rude and condescending. As stated by another patient he does not wash his hands between patients. My gut instinct was right about him. Dont walk, RUN as fast away from this guy as you can .First instincts are usually corrrect and mine told me he was a terrible doctor. Unfortunately I learned the hard way as I continued under his care.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

The below patient is a 2nd attempted listing. First was banned. She followed her own plan, not the physicians. She abused her surgery and burst open her incisions the first day. She never called the office. She works with septic and infected, indigent patients in a contaminated office. She changed the bandage there and got it infected. She did not fill her antibiotic prescription. She refused to come in for special visits and insisted on a generalist to treat the complications she created. Things went from bad to worse as she insisted on her plan. This is a model of noncompliance. My office is new and immaculate - anyone can see that, vs. the one she worked in. There are always patients like this, but fortunately 99% follow directions and have excellent painless results in record time.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

The below patient followed her own plan, not the physicians. She abused her surgery and burst open her incisions the first day. She never called the office. She works with septic and infected, indigent patients in a contaminated office. She changed the bandage there and got it infected. She did not fill her antibiotic prescription. She refused to come in for special visits and insisted on a generalist to treat the complications she created. Things went from bad to worse as she insisted on her plan. This is a model of noncompliance. My office is new and immaculate - anyone can see that, vs. the one she worked in. There are always patients like this, but fortunately 99% follow directions and have excellent painless results in record time.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

I saw Dr. Kelly concerning a growth on the bottom of my foot. I had been to 4 drs. previously, over a 3 year period. They operated without success. Dr. Kelly developed a plan to get rid of the growth with complete success. I am a teacher standing on my feet all day. I was glad to finally have this relief.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

A year and a half ago, I had my first, and most horribly painful, podiatry emergency. I called every podiatrist in the phone book and left messages. Dr. Kelly was the ONLY ONE who called me back. He saw me that day, fixed the problem, and provided excellent follow-up care. I have recommended him to others, and would go back to him in a minute. I don't mind a doctor's quirkiness if he is skilled and takes good care of me. I found Dr. Kelly to be friendly, chatty, and entertaining. He took my mind off the pain with funny stories and questions.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I have never been so rudely treated in a medical office. After describing my condition, Dr. Kelly asked me what I thought the diagnosis should be. I said I didn't have a clue...that I had been googling symptoms before coming in but had no idea. He said its called Mortons...mumble, mumble. When I asked what that meant, he told me to look it up! He left and later returned with a syringe...never telling me until he was already administering it, what was in the syringe! Again, he mumbled come back in a couple of weeks. He never made eye contact and never explained what my condition is. Never, never go to this guy!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

I had bunion surgery and it was a breeze. Recommended by many friends having this. I read the other reviews and all I can say if you follow directions, the rehabilitation time is reduced 75% compared with other estimates. I will be having my other foot done soon by Dr. K. Also, staff is straightforward and by the book with my ins coverage. Very grateful he was recommended to me. Anne C.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

Dr Kelly was a horrible doctor. He did not know anything about what to do about my foot cramps. He took an xray and basically found nothing. Who takes an xray about cramps. It was something in my muscle in which I told him this. I finally went to a specialist and they figured out it was a torn ligament. Horrible service, they wanted me to pay all of it since i had a deductible so high before billing insurance. Stay away from this doctor no help with my foot problem...

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

I had osteotomy bunion surgery 6 weeks ago. Dr. Kelly is not helpful in answering questions. He has been sacaratic and minimizes the amount of pain involved in recovery. I asked him if it looked like it was healing and he said, "I don't know, do you want me to cut it open and see?". I will remark about progress when healing is complete. Will take at least 4 more weeks to really know because it is swollen and extremely painful to touch right now.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

This Dr is a quack. Does not wash his hands between patients so beware! He has been made to take classes because he broke the law, gave meds that were out of date (a real biggie) and does not use proper techniques when cleaning the instruments he uses. Dangerous when there is so much disease out there that can kill!! OH, and he wrote prescription for his girlfriend for birth control pills, out of his field, not allowed so this Dr is not above breaking the law on many levels. I am trying to be polite but it is difficult as you can see. Be very careful if you plan to see this Dr. He did several surgeries and my foot hurts worse than before.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2011

Dr. Peter F. Kelly's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Roanoke, VA