Ratings for Dr. Susan E. Schaefer

I can't say enough about Dr. Schaefer. I searched high and low in Santa Cruz til I found her. It was my desire to find an MD who would take the time to thoroughly review my medical history - a 1.5" thick chart - and she DID! she went through it with me, evaluated my current condition, and patiently worked with me on the least aggressive treatment option, as I preferred. She really listened, connected with me, and made me feel heard and engaged in the treatment process of this very sensitive area that is a woman's reproductive system. Ultimately, about 9 months later we decided together to pursue surgery. Dr. Schaeffer was caring, thorough, and dedicated during what turned out to be a lengthy surgery requiring an overnight hospital stay (vs. the anticipated 2 hour surgery). Her follow up was spot on and the procedure was a success. I have never looked back as I've finally found an OB/GYN I can trust!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

I have strong negative feelings about my experience with her. I would not recommend her. I finally got a second opinion, changed doctors and had a successful surgery.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Dr. Susan E. Schaefer's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Cruz, CA