Ratings for Dr. Winnie Polen

I had several abnormal findings on my mammogram and was freaking out! She explained things to me and why I had to have more tests. I eventually did a biopsy and thankfully everything is fine now. Although this all took 3-4 weeks to complete and my anxiety was through the roof, she and her staff kept me informed which I appreciate.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Great doctor.. Excellent bedside manner.. Listened to all my concerns and answered all my questions

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr Polen spent time discussing my image findings and listening to my concerns more than any other doctor that I have. She's great!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

The worst Dr. I had seen. She was careless didn't take time to understand my pain. Was rude with me. I don't recommend this Dr. Not professional at all.

Submitted March 17, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Polen for 5 years and have had nothing but amazing experiences with not only her but her staff. I would highly recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Polen since Jan 2014, based on a recommendation. She is an excellent surgeon (had several biopsies,excision and cancers removed), but lacks warmth and compassion.I feel like it is very difficult to get much information voluntarily out of her, even though I requested such (and ironically her staff always ends phone calls with "call with any questions"). She appears annoyed while asking questions, and generally feel a little rushed. I am seriously considering switching to an entirely different practice.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Her office is very organized. I brought my mammogram images and they arranged a biopsy. I had minimal discomfort. The results came in about 3 days

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

I had chronic mastitis when my baby was about 2 months old and was initially referred to a more senior male doctor in the same department. I will respectfully just add that I found this other doctor lacking in empathy and bedside manner. For my second visit, I was thankfully referred to Dr. Polen and what a welcome change that was! She was very professional, yet caring. It took a while for my infection to be treated, and I think it was a challenging case for Dr. Polen as well. However, she was very kind and helpful through it all. She even came in on a Saturday just to check on me and ensure that the infection was subsiding. I recommend her for her approach and dedication. I will also add a word for the support staff in the Breast Care Dept at Summit Medical- they are outstanding!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

Wonderful! She is prompt, knowledgeable and put me at ease.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

Dr. Winnie Polen's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Hospitals in Berkeley Heights, NJ