Ratings for Dr. Claire M. Weitz

The best Doctor ever. After two miscarriages, I went to Dr. Weitz. She took great care of me and my unborn daughter . Anytime I had an ache or pain , she had me go see her right away . She is a no nonsense , tell it like it is doctor and I love it !! She took her time with me and I was able to address concerns . I was 41 when my baby was born, she just turned 2 years old and we are planning another . Although I am 43 now, I am confident that I can do it with Dr. Weitz taking care of me !

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Reception staff extremely rude and unprofessional. I would never return.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Dr. Weitz was friendly, but I felt extremely rushed during my first visit. I didn't feel like she answered all my questions thoroughly which caused me to pick a different doctor at a different hospital...a decision that I've been extremely happy with.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Dr. Weitz was my doctor in 2008 and delivered my twins. I had severe issues caused by cervical varix, and was in he pre natal ICU for several weeks. She is an outstanding physician and one of the most intelligent Doctors I have ever met. She will take charge of any situation and one will feel secure in her care. She is the Dr of choice for those of us who truly had "real" issues. I am forever grateful for having had Dr. Weitz as my OB.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr. Weitz is a wonderful MD. She takes the time to answer all questions and concerns. I would recommend her to anyone. She is the best. Her medical assistant needs to be trained on how to be professional. Other than that Dr. Weitz is great!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

I was very disapointed with the choice my husband and I made by choosing this doctor. I was pregnant with twins and she misdiagnosed their condition. She never told us that my lack of fluid was caused by my water braking at 19 weeks. She just said that either one of them is genetically sick or that was something wrong with ma placenta which was none of the reasons. She was very arrogant and had an attitude like she knew everything what was happening with me. When we decided to go for a second opinion she wasn't very happy and told us we won't hear anything that she hasn't told us but again she was wrong. Our second opinion excluded her assumptions and told us excactly what we had to do in order to save our babies. Also, Dr. Weitz suggested selective reduction and after we said that we are not even considering she went ahead and explained how the procedure works. How could you tell that to a mother who is caring 2 babies in 23rd week of pregnancy.And the conversation was done over a phone!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

Dr Weitz is a very informative and straight forward physician. She is very knowledgable when it comes to being pregnant and diabetic. She returns phone calls promptley and always tells you that there is no such thing as a dumb question. She gives you information (good and/or bad) as you need it. Any problems she foresees, she tells you of immediately. I've heard from many other people about how great of a doctor she is and after visiting her office for my first pregnancy, I will not go to any other physician for medical treatment while pregnant. I've never had to wait long to see her and appointments are not hard to come by. I love the fact that you can get sonograms in the same office and she always calls with information reguarding lab results. High recommended.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

Dr. Weitz is a great doctor, very friendly, knowledgeable, and always steered us in the right direction. Her staff on the other hand is the worst medical staff we ever encountered. The secretary needs a lesson in professionalism and one of the ultrasound techs did a very fast ultrasound and basically pushed us out the door. It is a shame because I am sure there are many unemployed medical professionals out there who are MUCH more qualified to do the job.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Good doctor, but I'd have to agree with the previous post regarding her secretary. She's not the most professional individual. There seems to be some changes with the staff, so she either needs more support or she just can't handle the job.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

the dr. is great, but her secretary mary kay is impossible to reach. never answers the phones, and does not return back calls.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

Dr. Claire M. Weitz's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1979)