Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey L. Nemser

The office was professional,extremely helpful and explained things to me. Dr. Nemser was polite, friendly and professional. Over all I had a great experience.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

Dr. Nemser has a serious attitude problem. He practically shouted at me because I hadn't seen an I doctor eye doctor in 6 years, which may indeed be too long, but there's a right and a wrong way to have this discussion. When I tried to turn his chastisement into an intelligent discussion, all he did was keep trying to scare me without going into any specifics. Then, he got my prescription wrong, and when I went back to have it adjusted, he was determined to explicitly shift the blame for the mistake to me, even though I wasn't trying to blame him for anything (I just wanted the right prescription). Overall, not recommended.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Never again! The doctor is very rude. I and my wife came with our son. The exam started with a phrase that I have to leave the room because only one parent is allowed because the room is too small (that's a lie). Well, that's not my fault, and I am a customer, and there was not even a hint of an apology for this major inconvenience. The doctor said to my wife "you know, your son has very bad astigmatism, that is far beyond common for his age, DO YOU KNOW THAT?". Hmm... do I know that? try to guess. Why tell me that this way? When a dentist says "do you know that?" I can understand that (bad teeth means you are not spending enough time as a parent making sure your kid brushes his or her teeth), but there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about eye problems other than feel bad, and trust me, this doctor made me feel very bad. The nurse who was making some eye tests was also not very polite, and did everything in a rush, even though we were no other patients and no one was waiting.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2010

Dr. Geoffrey L. Nemser's Credentials

• Illinois College Of Optometry At Chicago (Grad. 1985)