Ratings for Dr. Gilbert A. Shamas

I had a prolapse in 2014 which Dr.Shamas operated on. I now find myself with another (2015) prolapse which is 80% dropped into my lady region( not allowed to use the real term). I have no idea what he did, but it obviously didn't work. He was late for my surgery...he has a reputation for always being late to the hospital, and he never came to visit following surgery. My Family doctor took the time to visit! Looks like I now have to find yet another surgeon who will put his incompetence right. Yes, he should retire!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

My daughter had a hysterectomy early December 2013 via laser. She was scheduled to be out of work 2 (two)weeks post-surgery. Dr. Shamus was very friendly and what I thought was forth coming until my daughter acquired a nosocomial infection among other complications. Dr. Shamus became rude and obnoxious when he discovered I was a nurse as I questioned him about the type of infections (with my daughter's consent of course). It has been 9 weeks and she has not returned to work and continues to experience complications, visiting the ED on several occasions. Dr. Gilbert should retire ASAP!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

Dr. Gilbert A. Shamas's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

MSP/BC Med