Ratings for Dr. Mennen T. Gallas

Dr. Gallas left me with lumpy lips after giving me two full syringes of Juvederm when I had only agreed to one. I was left lumpy and swollen for the next few weeks and 18 months later I still have lumps. I went in to ask about how to correct the lumps - he said more filler would do the trick and that "when I talk or smile it isn't noticeable." He also said the lumps were due to scarring or my lips holding on to the product for much longer than it should in certain pockets. I went for a second and then third opinion elsewhere and both places agreed that Dr. Gallas put too much filler and didn't distribute it correctly - leading to the lumpiness. I am now seeing someone else for multiple rounds of Hylauronidase treatment which will hopefully disintegrate the Juvederm lumps. I was hoping that by seeing an actual plastic surgeon I would be getting better value for my money. The truth is, ladies, plastic surgeons do very few lip fillers thus they are not as experienced as a registered nurse who does lip fillers all day long. Take my advice and stay away from Dr. Gallas for lip fillers. Also, NEVER let a doctor put in 2 full syringes in one sitting. It's better to build on it to avoid possible lumps.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

quality, caring staff who take extra time to check on how you are healing, assist you in anyway necessary and put your mind at ease. Dr gallas takes his time to ensure your results are quality and look good for your body. Dana, Jenna and dr gallas are an amazing team

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Amazing. I never thought I could look this good. Had tummy tuck, lipo and breast aug. Very courteous, professional, takes his time, very friendly staff.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Would NOT RECOMMEND! In 2009 I had a tummy/t & lipo that left me with 'dog ears' charge? an additional $750 for his poor work. Check web sites most doctors charge approx $100 or nothing!http://www.realself.com/question/question-dog-ears ) Or $5,000 then lowered it to 3,500 (in his new clinic)to include redo of my poor lipo,that left me with bulges on hips,pelvis,stomach above naval and huge waistline,'fat shelves' along incision. It has been 4 yrs. I was scared to let him work on me again. His demeanor changed very much saying he could not please everybody & just disinterested!, his staff was the one to tell me I had 'dog ears' not him, Finally I got the nerve up to just get dog ears done as I do not trust his lipo skills. I called office 9/30 to make appt. THEY NEVER called back. That was enough! having my work done by DR German Newell for 6000. He includes 1.Complimentary Home nurse visit 1.Comp. massage,vitamins,compression garment.Notoffered by Gallas for majorsurgery 12.5K GONE.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

Very caring and helpful. Recovery was 1 day. Looks natural. Would recommend to you. I seen other work and prices but the quality of dr. Gallas's work is amazing.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

This doctor is really wonderful. He did a great job on my breast augmentation. He is super professional and made me feel very much at ease, spent lots of time initally with me explaining the process, etc. My recovery was super speedy which speaks to the quality of his work. Very happy with the results and with this doctor, would highly recommend Dr. Gallas!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

After 4 kids, the last 2 being twins, I had to have corrective surgery done and decided to do the Mommy makeover at the same time. I went to the 4 "top" doctors for a consult. In my opinion, Dr. Gallas is miles above the rest. He was the only one to really sit me down and explain everything, including the possible complications of the corrective part of the surgery. He made me feel at ease, comfortable and made sure I knew exactly what was going to happen. The fact that he is Double board certified sealed the deal because I would have one doctor performing the complete surgery. He has a wonderful friendly staff at a beautiful location. Before kids I used to say that I would never have an unnecessary surgery. Now a year later, I can honestly say that choosing Dr. Gallas was the best decision I made for my body and life. If you are thinking of any type of plastic surgery, I would highly recommend Dr. Gallas.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I love going to Gallas Plastic Surgery Centre. Their medspa/surgery centre is a beautiful facility and their staff from Lora at the front desk to Dr. Gallas himself are extremely warm and friendly. I had some work done to my face by Dr. Gallas and I am extremely satisfied with his expertise and the results. His nurse Amy is wonderful. I look forward to future visits. Thank you Dr. Gallas!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Excellent physician and staff. I felt welcome and comfortable from the minute I walked in. I saw 3 other doctors before I went to Dr. Gallas and after seeing him and having my surgery, I know I made the right decision.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Consultation was awkward, DR talked down to me. Called Lynette at the office 3 times for cash price, she kept telling me she was very busy. Really? Too busy for cash?? Went to Dr Rodgers instead. Best decision!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Dr. Mennen T. Gallas's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1991)

GHI