Ratings for Dr. Lawrence A. Jenkins

I saw Dr Jenkins 3 times in a six month span. Right off the bat I felt like he wasn't listening to what my problem was. The pre req MRI revealed a annular tear at the L4-L5 level. He recommended physical therapy. It took me less than 2 weeks and 3 visits to out work the physical therapist. So I quit going and continued on my own. Every 4-5 weeks the spasms in my back throw out my spinal alignment. So I went back again (dr Jenkins didn't remember me) to receive steroid injections. That pasted 3 days. Beginning of august I was put down again and went to ft collins for decompression therapy and chiropractic care. At this point I had done everything BUT surgery. After each decompression treatment I would be in brutal pain for a day or two, and hit the desperate point. So I sent my MRI to 3 different doctors. 2 in colorado and one via the Laser Spine Institute. The Spine Institute called me back the next day. They saw the EXACT same MRI as Dr Jenkins and in addition to the tear they found a compressed nerve, damaged cartilage of the facet joint above L4 and a bone spur on L5. My uncle, who is also a dr, noticed the bone spur on a X-ray nearly 2 years ago. Dr Jenkins did not. So I went to Scottsdale AZ for surgery. I was in and out the same day. I did have some hip pain afterward, but i also had it before the surgery. The back pain was gone, but because i had been hurting for so long it took a few weeks for the firing nerve pain to calm down. The start of the 4th week i went to the ER from pain at the incision site. They did a new MRI and found a Seroma, fluid built up around the surgical incision. It is not uncommon as both my parents and my sister has similar issues after their own surgery. As a precaution the ER dr suggested I go see Jenkins to see if it needed drained. Dr Jenkins felt that it wasn't necessary to drain but DID find it necessary to voice his destain for the Laser Spine Institute. Saying "I'd never let them touch me." and speaking to me in a condescending tone! Of course I'm biting my tongue because regardless of what he thinks, those people helped me and He did not. I canceled the 3 week follow up appointment, I will go somewhere else. Its your body people, you deserve the best treatment for it and should like your doctor.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I saw Dr. Jenkins for a work related injury. His office was awful to get into it took 2 months to get a response to get an appointment. Once I got scheduled everything started out great. After 7 months of physical therapy and 3 cortisone shots later, I did not get any relief. Once Dr. Jenkins found out I needed a copy of my MRI to get a second opinion he right then cut me off and refused to see me anymore, leaving me with muscle spasms and severe pain and still no answers even though I had yet yo see another doctor. He ignores questions, doesn't even really allow time to ask them. I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Dr. Lawrence A. Jenkins's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Laramie, WY