Ratings for Dr. Timothy J. Trainor

First of all, I would not even call this guy a doctor. Honestly I don't think he deserves the title at all. I thought that anybody that carries or bares a title of a doctor, is caring, professional, and empathetic to the patient's needs. This guy didn't display any of that, and when asked for a handicap sticker, he started to bad-mouth me across the hallway, stating that he is a 43 year old male and does not need a handicap sticker because his leg is not broken. I have a wrist injury by the way, and because I have a hard time pushing the cart at grocery stores using my left wrist I asked for the handicap sticker. He bad-mouthed me to another co-worker or whatever he was, some Indian guy, and laughed while dropping the F-bomb saying that they could drive a car with one arm. The Indian guy responded by saying I've been driving the car with one arm all my life. As any driver's manual would say, you should always have both hands on the wheel. Unfortunately I can't do this, so I take Uber rides. If I were you I would stay clear from this guy's office or this guy in general. He seems arrogant, and most of the reviews that are giving him a one-star, there is some validity to that. As for untimely manner, my appointment was at 10 a.m., I arrived 5 minutes late. They said at 10 in the morning that they were overbooked, they had 60 patients, and made me wait for an hour and a half and even so I didn't see the guy except for the intake nurse. Last but not least, I couldn't listen to this guy talking bad about me any longer, so I opened the door and said you know I hear everything. He then finally shut up and couldn't say a word. Him and the Indian guy was pretty much speechless, I told the receptionist that I would never be coming back to this office, and immediately contacted my attorney's office. As said before, the bad reviews on Google is absolutely legit. Save your money, don't go to this guy for any help. If you were burning on the side of the road, he is definitely not the guy that would try to rescue you. Self-centered, megalomaniac, arrogant, and anything else in between that you could think of that generally describes a person that is uncaring would be appropriate. Honestly the title I would give this guy I couldn't even write it here because it would just be too bad. Trust you me, stay away from him.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Such a great dr who tells it like it is. Got total knee replacement 2/26. HIGHLY recommend him. Going to try and see his brother for my back now. Thank you Dr Timothy Trainor

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

I was referred to him by a friend, did not know you actually never see the real doctor! First visit had x ray and spent all 5 minutes with PA, they got me a Knee brace through my Medicare, just Found out yesterday they charged me a $1000 FOR IT !!! The list of charges is like looking at you cellular phone contract bill. Second visit the doctor seemed to be in a marathon, not even touched my knee, just tells me to stay off my feet for 3 months. Actually they never caught a fracture on my tibia from the RX . had to go for MRI, and almost missed again. Th third visit the PA came to see me when I was almost falling to sleep of waiting, he asked how was my knee? well my problem wasn't in my knee, he never bother to read my chart and just by looking I had a most expensive knee brace in the planet he assumed I had a knee problem. The have many rooms with patients waiting and jump from one to the other never taking the time to read or listen. Very disappointed. Its is about money and squeeze the insurance you have . I dont know if he is so knowledgeable, never had chance to discuss the 2 prior surgeries I had before, he basically dismissed my information.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

My first visit with Trainor was already an unpleasant one. He was in a hurry and didn't care to answer questions. He was referred to me by my primary doctor whom I really loved so I continued to see Trainor. Eventually a diagnosis was made for me to have surgery on my right shoulder. After shoulder surgery, I experienced swelling that evening on my hand so I called him on the emergency number. He sounded disturbed by my call and told me not to worry about the swelling and to see him the next morning. Well, I was worried about secondary bleeding but he didn't even wanted to discuss it any further nor to assure me that it's ok or whatever. He was paid big bucks for the surgery but couldn't even spend another 30 seconds to explain. The rest of time it was the same as the other patient spoke off in this thread. He didn't remove the sutures not even checked on me afterwards. Another time I was given an appointment to the wrong office so when I arrived, nobody was there. No apologies or anything from the staff. I will not return to him so be forewarned.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

His staff is terrible sent the wrong health care company to my home twice when the mistake was. Realized I was told by the correct company this was the third patient in recent weeks this had happened to he doctors office blamed the hospital. Since then I have been lied to about medical equipment I desperately need and they ordered there the wrong company which was not a perferred provider I spoke with my insurance co. Was given 2 company's in the area called the doctors office to give the information so the order could be sent. I was accussed of lying by Sara They said the company the correct one this time said l refused physical therapy a named someone at that office which it is clearly documented at my home and the office my surgery was only 3 weeks ago after my experience so far and reading the other reveiws I don't know what else to expect I will not rate the doctors skills at this time I am still recovering all I can say is stay tuned for updates and read reviews before making decisions that involve your and beware if this doctor staff.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

I can, without reservation, highly recommend Dr. Timothy Trainor as an orthopedic surgeon for his precision, skill and good judgment after having had two very successful total hip replacement surgeries recently performed by him. Words are inadequate to express my gratitude. I can only say, “Thank you for giving me my pain-free, active life back”.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Dr. Trainor seldom sees you, just his nurse and PA. after multiple visits with them I did see him twice, once to tell me about what surgery he would do, and once in pre-op right before surgery. Never saw him after that, no personal post-op follow up, just another nurse two weeks later to take the stitches out. She wanted to provide and bill me for a TEMS unit which has been proven worthless. And they do other questionable referrals like for home health care and PT which wasn't needed. Hard to get through on the phone, long wait times in the office,, a quasi-invisible surgeon who also bills you for his PA who "assisted" him during surgery. And his PA offered the choice of yet another surgery which I passed on, settling for my 65% improvement. But it could all be summed up by noting the absence of what used to be called bedside manner. Here the almighty dollar comes first in all departments, your care second. Such is the new standard in our for-profit medical system in the U.S.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

I saw Dr. Trainor after having x-rays and an MRI done. He was very professional, explained everything and answered all my questions. I had my three year old with me during the appointment and he even talked to her. Though the pain had subsided, he offered me a cortisone injection since I could not walk, though he did not push it exclaiming it was up to me. He explained risks involved and said that it might help me walk until I could have surgery. I knew I would need surgery because I couldn't walk and I felt very confident in his knowledge and skill. Our appointment was 15 minutes and it seems this is how the health care system works. He are rushed in and out. I do not blame Dr. Trainor for this. The surgery went well. After the surgery, I had some questions about calf pain. I left a message for his assistant and she returned my call the next day. Off topic, my appointment was on Halloween and Dr. Trainor was dressed like Superman so it was a fun visit for my three year old:)

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

I was afraid to go to Dr Trainor because of the reviews. Since my doctor referred me, I did go, and I am so glad! He was cordial in his personality and very informative about my medical condition and treatment options. I was so relieved that surgery was not his first option. His staff was just as cordial and informative as Dr Trainor. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Never saw Dr.Trainor until I had see his assistant many times. When a MRI was finally done (after X-rays, PT, cortisone shots from the PA, he popped in because I needed surgery. After the surgery it was the PA again. Why do I get the impression that I had unneeded diagnostics and was sent to a hospital (with all the fees involved) for what could possibly be done in a surgery center or even in the office under local rather than general anesthesia? "Fee sharing", milking the insurance company? Hard to get through on the phone, messages not returned sometimes, crowded (overbooked?) office, high fees. And when you finally get to see him he's in a big hurry. I do NOT question Dr. Trainor's knowledge or skill, just everything else that goes with it is very frustrating.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

Dr. Timothy J. Trainor's Credentials

• Spanish

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1997)