Ratings for Dr. Irene Z. Whitt

I was sent to this specialist with a very serious illness of many years after waiting for 4 months for the appt. I believed Duke University would provide a top notch specialist. In my case, Dr Whitt did not listen to my hx or symptoms and she determined that I had no rheumatic problem. She had a med student interview me who seemed interested in my hx w/lyme disease in 2009. Dr Whitt entered room and said that she knew my whole story and did not want me to say anything more. She said I did not have Lyme (?) and probably had a torn meniscus in my knee (? what about all my joints). I am in my 50's and on disability due to years of extreme migratory joint pain, muscle weakness,deforming joints, difficulty walking. The week after this visit I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and after a full day of observation and evaluation, was told I needed to see a rheumatologist for what they called a very serious condition. Now what? I was dismissed by Dr Whitt without any tests or follow up.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

No communication or personalization. Exam/consultation seemed to be in checklist format. Would not give consideration to questions that deviated from textbook diagnosis guidelines. Total waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr. Irene Z. Whitt's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)