Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Helfer

She is very cold, uncompassionate Doctor with NO personality and a awful bedside manner. She is very robotic when she examines you and she takes about 5 minutes or less with you. When you have a medical problem she will have her arrogant nurse return her call. I had to demand to speak to Dr. Helfer when a was having a serious reaction to two new medications. She finally did call me, but her response was so mechanical and uncaring . She gave me about a minute of her time on the phone. She has zero "people" skills. I have no confidence in her that she cares about my medical condition or my well being. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Rushed me though my follow up visits. Maybe spent 10 minutes with me. Completely ignored my questions and concerns. She offered no helpful information or even any information at all even though I brought up several problems I was having. All she did was look at my labwork #'s and even when I told her that I was having other symptoms she didn't care. She also did forgot things we had gone over at previous appointments.. I thought at the very least she would have pointed me in the direction of another specialist to see. But nope, she just completely ignored everything I said to her and made no comments about my concerns. She showed no interest in me whatsoever and it was a horrible experience. I am moving on to a new endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

Dr. Elizabeth Helfer's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)