Ratings for Dr. Kamal C. Kabakibou

The wait time is ridiculous! Would NOT recommend!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Staff is extremely rude, patients have become insignificant

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I experienced the Kabakibou practice for over a year. My advice? Find a different pain doctor who is knowledgeable, kind & empathetic with patients -- one that does not triple book appointments, keeping patients waiting for an hour or more past their appointment time in a small, stuffy, uncomfortable waiting room. And look for a higher quality support staff -- from PAs to nurses to receptionists -- who treat patients with care, respect & understanding. In my experience, Dr Kabakibou's practice is NOT the place to find such treatment. There are MUCH better pain doctors in the north Atlanta area with MUCH more to offer. Best wishes in finding one & finding a solution to your pain!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I was in an auto wreck June of 2016. I have fibromyalgia as well. I was referred to Dr. K. I was astonished at how he remembered me from all of his other patients. He checked my MRI and checked my neck and lower back to see how bad the herniated discs were. He put me on a patch that made me sick and he immediately took me off. He then put me on low dose of pain meds which helped enormously. When everything is said and done with the auto wreck I plan on continuing to see him for my fibromyalgia. He is very knowledgeable and very understanding. I would recommend him to anyone that is in pain. His patience with me is amazing. He made sure that I was able to function at work with minimal pain.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I have been a faithful patient over 4 years and even in excruciating pain, they can never accommodate me. Not even on a cancellation list. Nurses never call back. And I just don't feel like I am treated as a longtime patient. It's very sad and I will most likely be looking for a new doctor. I love Dr. K, but when I'm in pain, I need help. Can't be treated anywhere else while under the care of a pain specialist. Not even the er. His billing manager is extremely brutal too!!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. K for over a year. I have terrible back and neck surgerie that failed with the added gift of MRSA twice (once at each surgical site. Thank you Northside Hospital.) As both areas get worse, I get the pleasure of having to live with it. I also have epilpsy and shattered my shoulder, requiring emergency surgery last May. The surgeon had to pull a bone containing the tendon that controls my bicep and pull it up from below my bicep and anchor that bone and tendon back into place, among other things. THAT will not be healed until almost another year from now. I have numb hand and other issues that I live with, like constant infection along my ear and my head aadjacent to it. I couldgo on, but I believe the image has been developed for the state of constand pain I have been living in since I was 20 when my kidneys failed while I was pregnant, trying to save myself and my child. It altered my life and I've been fighting for it since. My son will be 25 this year and his brother will be 23. Amazing young men, I raised, through pain and all. It was when I got to Dr, K that I finally found some semblance of relief. His cocktail of meds are working so that I can function for a period in public and appear normal. He also is finally making me able to sleep at night, which is no small accomplishment. He listens to me, and I listen to him. You have to go to any doctor studied and prepared to ask the proper,educated questions, and do it with respect. You get what you give in life, that's my thinking anyway. So, Dr. K has been respectful of me, and I of him. I have billing questions, but I am sure thatk

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Mine husband and I went to this doctor mine husband was exposed to radioactivity and lost his vision because of this doctor I was exposed too mine husband lost his vision and this doctor never give us an explanation why that happen . This person shouldn't be doctor anymore . I want let know this person that Mr. Obama will know about this malpractice that he grow away all the documents from the surgery to cover it up . Mrs Marie York and Mr.Tony York

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

As a caregiver for my father, I have taken him to countless doctors and gotten nowhere in the 'holy grail' quest to lessen his pain..then we met Dr.kabakibou through a reference. He has been very kind and understanding.very brilliant doctor.i would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

When I 1st started seeing Dr. K in 2002-3, he was very compassionate & seemed interested in my desire to keep my medication dosages as low as possible as I was very afraid of addiction. I had no knowledge of prescription pain meds & trusted him to manage my pain in a safe & sane manner. After years of amazingly long waits, drawing on those infernal "rate-your-pain" guys, (and seeing NO one even glance at them), being shunted off to various PA's & getting a whopping 4 minute face time each visit...I had had enough. I went to my family doctor & he was astounded at the amount and variety or medications I was on.(He was my referring physician!) Consequently I returned to Dr K & asked to be weaned off of two of my meds. I was astonished at his anger and his flippant attitude, so I dropped it. Two months later I decided to try again with Elizabeth & was met with the same lack of understanding. I finally changed doctors, dropped 2 meds & am glad I got out when I did! He is NOT a CARE giver!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

I am a disabled veteran who has been on a very large dose of Methadone for 10 yrs .I went to Dr. Kabakibou who was recommended to me by a friend, to get off the methadone.I have tried the VA pain doctors several times who did not help me. Dr. Kabakibou is a brilliant doctor, he cares about his patients and is a true scientist.All the extra studies he has done are phenominal.I owe him my life.There are not enough words in this review for me to praise him.He truly cares about his patients.He talks to me about my treatment and makes me a part of the decisions.He is not conceded and arrogant like some pain doctors I have been to.He actually treats me as a patient in need and not a drug attict like some others did.He even waved his 1st office fee for me because I do not have insurance and the med he prescribed for my withdrawal from methadone was $250.Thank you Dr.Kabikou and your wonderful staff.I will never forget what you have done for me.May allah bless you and your family.Naime Foster

flag | Submitted September 5, 2011

Dr. Kamal C. Kabakibou's Credentials

• Univ Of Aleppo, Fac Of Med, Aleppo, Syria (Grad. 1987)