Ratings for Dr. Bertha A. Mera

I've been a patient of Dr. Mera for over 15 years and unfortunately need to move on. Her practice has changed and she seems to serve a primarily Spanish population with not even reading material in the waiting rooms in English. In the past I was able to overlook the LONG (almost an hour) wait time to see her because she took her time and did a great job with me. I'm convinced she saved my dad's life by paying attention to suspicious symptoms. That being said she is now distracted by having to update the new EMR and didn't seem to remember me. She is spending a fraction of the time she used to with me and isn't paying attention. I thought it was a fluke but it has happened multiple times now and I will not be staying.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I have been going to Dr.Mera for about 7 years and found her to be the most knowledgeable an thorough doctor. Also very caring and treated like a family member. My sister has gone to her for along time also. Last year I sent both my daughters to her. I can always count on her.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

She seems nice and attentive on the surface. However, everytime I went to see her, it was a crisis, and scared me to death! Running test are appropriate, but wait and see what the results are before you scare people! One time it was a carcinoid tumor! Another time it was Diabetes, Lupus,Asthma etc! Rush rush, we must get this CT, MRI, US, now!! Exausting and scary! Guess what, all of those were negative. Wait time was extreme! Sorry, I would NEVER reccommend her to anyone! Oh, also, when my Dr retired (that is how I came to be her pt.), they sent my chart to her office. They shredded it!!! 30 years of records GONE!!! Unexcusable!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Dr. Mera is great once you finally get in to see her. She is very through and knowledgeable. The worst part about their office is the wait, expect to wait an hour plus to make it in to the exam room

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

Dr. Mera treats you as an individual, not just a patient. She cares about you as a whole person, not just whatever medical problem you may be having. Her knowledge is outstanding. You couldn't ask for a better combination in a doctor: professionalism and compassion.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Dr. Mera tried to prescribe me a perscription that she knew I was allergic to. When I told her that I wouldnt take it, she replied "can't you just take a low dose of it?!" I have never been back since and I would never go back. It also took an average of 45 minutes for her to see me after my scheduled appt time. After asking the nurse about this she replied that Dr. Mera was sneaking clients through the back.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

Very prompt in correcting problems...Saved me from a major heart problem

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

She really listens to her patients and goes the extra mile. She doesn't rush you in and out but treats you as if you were a friend or family member.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2008

Dr. Bertha A. Mera's Credentials

• Univ Nac Mayor De San Marcos, Prog Acad De Med Humana, Lima, Peru (Grad. 1978)