Ratings for Dr. Karuna P. Murray

Dr. Murray has the qualities I need for my disease process. Among those qualities are honesty, tenacity, organization and optimism. I am most grateful for the care she and her team have and continue to provide me. She confidently led me into my unknown world of cancer. Her direct, honest approach inspired me to complete the recommended treatments. Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Saw Dr. Murray December of 2016 and she did nothing to help me. I came to her with all the scans/exams done and she ordered more !!! I started experiencing pain in October and by the time I had a PET scan and blood work and a biopsy she ordered (because if my ovarian cancer was metastic breast cancer, she wouldn't help me anyway!!!), I was really in pain. Needless to say, I found another oncologist who now can only offer chemo to hopefully shrink my cancer do to the extent of its spread. Such heartache for me. I have only felt let down (not only by Dr. Murray....my new GYN didn't do much to help me either because she didn't see anything "too" suspicious on my internal ultrasound). Thank God for my PC Dr. Nelson Usry and my new Gastroenterologist Dr. Fred Williams (I requested a colonoscopy ) for stepping in with my GYN (although she did nothing but refer me elsewhere). Are doctors so afraid of doing something wrong or not getting enough money from the ACA that they basically turn you away? God help us all. REGARDLESS, BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE AND AVOID DR. K.P. MURRAY

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Dr. Murray always takes the time to answer your questions without making you feel foolish for asking them or feeling rushed. She is an excellent surgeon and was always there when I needed her. She isn't big on chit chat but that's OK. I didn't need someone to hold my hand I needed someone knowledgeable and great at her job. Her staff is top notch. The entire team knew me and my condition and gave me personalized attention.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Karuna Murray is a first-rate money grubbing Big Pharma poison pusher. She coerced me into signing financial responsibility by saying that she wouldn’t see me unless I did. I am pulling a complaint with Blue Cross Anthem Missouri about that. With a definite diagnosed HGSC she still felt it would be necessary to do a biop$y and that I would have to have chemo$$ as well and a PET $can that my in$urance won’t pay for. I thanked her for her time and I got up and left. The problem is that the standard of care is chemo, surgery, more chemo and then death while the oncologist (and let us not forget the HUGE markup the get on the drugs they buy and RE-SELL to the patient at a huge profit) gets rich by poisoning me. No thanks Dr. Murray—but if you want to die, she’s the doctor for you. Chemo is her thing and she didn’t even want to hear about the immunotherapy so she’s a bad doctor in addition to being a bad person. I don’t know if I am going to be able to get a doctor to remove these two tumors, she isn’t going to deviate from what she learned in medical school and is pushing the 39-year old chemo treatment with the 2.1% success rate and the $50,000.00 in her pocket for each unsuccessful treatment as she turns me from healthy and vibrant to bald, vomiting and dying. Forget her and her cisplatin and carboplatin taxane flavored POISON. She's a miserable witch as well so if you think you're getting compassion because she is female, think again. Long list of rules and regulations to be her patient and I heartily agree with all the bad reviews. All she wants is money, she's a paycheck doctor and she has all the warmth of Josef Mengele but not quite as nice.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Talented and precise surgeon but horrible manners and patient care. Stay in the operating room and let doctors with heart interact with patients and their families.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I called to make an appointment and the phone staff woman was so rude and nasty I couldn't believe it. In addition she was so completely clueless and stupid that I can certainly understand the terrible ratings this doctor has. Finally told her I'd see someone else. I wouldn't let this practice take a splinter out of my finger let alone do major surgery. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Incredibly rude, unhelpful, and unprofessional. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

This surgeon told me my surgery could not be done laparoscopically, she said I had to be opened completely up. She was wrong, my surgery was performed by another Doctor and my tumor was removed Laparoscopically. Also her bedside manner could be improved quite a bit. She is not friendly. I went to a female Doctor because I have always been uncomfortable with a Doctor that is attracted to women being in that area. I was equally uncomfortable with Dr. Murray in that area because she seems to be same sex orientated. That was the reason I have avoided male OB/GYNS all these years. Regardless of their professionalism it makes me uncomfortable. Dr. Murray made me uneasy regardless of orientation, in the stirrups. The bottom line is always get a second or third opinion and make sure you are comfortable with your Dr. Please to all who read this do not judge a person by their orientation. Had she been a better Doctor, I would have seen her as a primary care Physician just not a OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

She was the rudest person im meet in my life. She didnt care I was dying or she was wrong

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Dr. Karuna P. Murray's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)