Ratings for Dr. Carolyn J. Horowitz

Nice lady but I would not go to her if I had to do it over again. Received IMRT radiation after prostate cancer surgery and it did not recue my PSA to an acceptable limit but that very well may not be her fault as microscopic cells are almost impossible to kill completly it is why cancer is so hard to beat. My problem with her stems from the fact that she either incredibly did not know that ANY kind of radiation in the penle region whether it is direct beam, IMRT, seeds or chemotherapy WILL result in instant, total and permanent impotence...OR...she delibertly lied to me about that. if it is the latter given the advanced status of my disease should it not have been my decision wether or not to get this proceedure? Many guys in my condition where ultimatly Im not going to beat the cancer would make the trade-off less TOTAL time for more QUALITY time I would still be sexually active up until six months before death. MY CHOICE not a doctors but I trusted her and she let me down.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Dr. Carolyn J. Horowitz's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1981)

• BCBS Illinois