Ratings for Dr. Alexandra S. Heerdt

By the time I met Dr. Heerdt, I was leaning strongly against MSKCC. I thought it would be impersonal, that my cancer (stage zero) wouldn't command serious attention or, worse, would be overtreated. She completely won me over. Dr. Heerdt was totally focused on me as a person; she knew my file backward and forward. From my first interaction, it was clear that she cared about helping me make the best treatment decisions for me. She set out the landscape of DCIS, let me know her opinion, and then patiently and exhaustively answered every question I had. In the last year, through two lumpectomies and a course of radiation therapy (overseen by another incredible MSKCC doctor), she has not faltered in this attention to me personally. There are (thankfully) many excellent breast surgeons, but this is a special person, a gifted surgeon, at ease and thoroughly in command, a warm and dedicated doctor. I am glad she is in my corner.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

I have never done this but had to write this because I wouldn't want what happened to me to happen to somebody else. After I traveling over 2 hours to see Dr. Heerdt and hitting horrible NYC traffic we arrived 15 min late. I had called throughout the process explaining that I was in this horrible traffic and may be late. When I arrived Dr Heerdt's assistant said she would not see me- she was backed up with patients and I would have to reschedule. I was SHOCKED! I told the assistant to reiterate to her that I had just traveled for 2 hours, hired help for my 3 babies, and my husband took off. I said I would wait because maybe someone else would be a bit late and then she could squeeze me in. He kept going back to ask her if she would accommodate me- maybe 3 times. And she refused.People going through breast cancer are anxious as it is. Physicians should strive to be extra compassionate- not cold hearted and aloof. She wouldn't even come out to the waiting room and apologize- inexcusable!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2013

Dr. Heerdt is the total package. A renowned ace in her field, loved by her own team and patients alike. She interacts with women at their weakest, worst moments and and makes such a difference. She is warm, empathetic and so very smart. She answers all questions with patience and intelligence. She makes you feel like you are her only patient, even though she is in such high demand. I would recommend her to anyone facing breast cancer. She is an extraordinary surgeon and human being.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Dr. Heerdt is not only an excellent doctor. She is thoroughly knowlegable, kind, considerate and accurate. She informs the patient of the entire situation and involves them in the final decision. A 5 star rating.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Dr. Heerdt is AMAZING, I cannot say enough wonderful things about her as a person & surgeon. As a surgeon, you will never feel as confident with anyone else. She is smart, caring, kind and will take all the time in the world to explain EVERYTHING. Dr. Heerdt was not only my surgeon, but my mother's surgeon, my Mother is a 2x breast cancer suviovor thanks to Dr. Heerdt. I was recently diagnosed and looked no further than Dr. Heerdt she is amazing.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr Heerdt is a very skilled surgeon and has an excellent bed-side manner. I am very please with my results! I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

Dr. Heerdt is wonderful!!! She is very knowledgeable and caring - I couldn't imagine going to anyone else.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

Dr. Alexandra S. Heerdt's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1987)