Ratings for Dr. Scott E. Hannan

My 7-year-old daughter saw Dr. Hannan for a two-week intensive therapy plan to help her with a phobia so serious that for months she had been unable to go to school or do the things she loved. She was no longer herself, and so anxious she could barely function, even at home. She had terrifying nightmares all night long, every night. I had been working with her doing online programs and books for helping kids with anxiety. She had been seeing another therapist for 10 weeks who specializes in anxiety, but had only gotten worse. Then we found Dr. Hannan. He immediately made us both feel completely at ease, which is so important if you only have two weeks. It was clear right away that he is a true expert in treating anxiety disorders, and is unbelievably good at what he does. He understood right away what was going on with my daughter and how to help her. My daughter had a phobia of vomiting, something no one had even heard of around us. The phobia was extremely debilitating. But Dr. Hannan has treated many kids with this problem, and he knows exactly what to do. He gives absolutely everything he has into treating his clients. Every day I was amazed at how hard he worked and what he was willing to do to help her. He worked us through set-backs and gave us skills so that we could continue to help her at home. She improved dramatically within just the two weeks. She learned so much from Dr. Hannan that she rarely even needs my help anymore when she feels anxious. She just goes back to what he taught her. Now she is back in school, sleeping without nightmares, going on playdates without me, playing sports, eating at school – her old happy self! All of this is completely due to the treatment she received from Dr. Hannan. He saved our lives, turned things around from a living nightmare back to our good old life. He gave me my daughter back.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Dr. Scott E. Hannan's Credentials

• Fordham University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

UnitedHealthcare