Ratings for Dr. Bruce K. Chung

What a shame when doctors (or their practices) sacrifice their Hippocratic oath for money. I have been a patient for four years, but I am leaving his practice. I needed a refill to a heartburn medication, however unless I paid $25 dollars they would not refill my prescription. Charging a patient to write a refill while having a pending appointment is outrageous. I am going to find a place where doctors treat you like a patient and not like their next luxury car payment.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Dr. Chung is truly a great doctor. He is very careful and takes his time to examine you and make sure you understand your health status. We have three children and he generally sees my two boys while my daughter sees his associate who is a woman. My wife, who is an ER nurse, worked with Dr. Chung years ago and thought he was one of the smartest and best. That's why we all go to him. His staff is good, but it is true that they sometimes appear as if they are overwhelmed with patients. Don't hold that against him, the wait isn't terrible and once you are in to see him it is all well worth it. My wife tells me that this is common in medicine, where some days everyone is clamoring to come in to see the doctor and they get swamped. She sees that in the ER all the time, especially around holidays and when winter arrives. Dr. Chung cares about you and you feel that from him once you meet him face to face. Jonathan Slon and family: Going to Dr. Chung for over ten years.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Quality medical attention, depths of hell levels of customer service, courtesy, employee knowledge, communication.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Chung since he first started at the family practice office. He has done an excellent job in looking after my health and he is the only doctor I trust in.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Dr. Chung's staff was completely unhelpful and unprofessional. The first time I called wanting to schedule a physical, I was told they do not schedule appointments for more than two weeks in advanced. The next time I called asking for an appointment with Dr. Chung, the receptionist offered me a female doctor instead, saying Dr. Chung is very busy. Seeing as how I was in no rush, I do not understand her logic for offering me a female doctor. I was thoroughly upset by the exchange.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2006

Dr. Chung is the best! He's very personable, asks thorough questions, doesn't jump to worse case scenario analysis. I've recommended him to all my friends and family and they all like him too!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2006

Dr. Bruce K. Chung's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)