Ratings for Dr. Arlen D. Hanssen

Dr. Hanssen is one of the best doctors I have had in 68 years. He is extremely knowledgeable, helpfully and personable. His protocol for recovery is the best I have been involved with. After knee replacement, I was walking 1-1/2 miles in two weeks. I now have to have hip replaced and he is my first choice.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. Hanssen was fantastic! He took as much time as I needed and answered every question. After 10 years of knee problems and 15+ surgeries later, I finally have the answers I have looked for. He is the best!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

My mother and I had a pre-surgery interview with Dr. Arlen Hanssen. He is a VERY condescending arrogant doctor. He gives a cold stare if he believes someone is asking questions he either cannot answer or if he believes there are too many questions. He is extremely condescending and he appears to be quite proficient at intimidating people. We will be switching doctors; I will not have Dr. Hanssen as my mother's doctor to do yet another hip surgery. My mother has had 2 hip replacement surgeries, and one surgery to remove the fluid due to too high of a blood thinner etc. given--These operations were in Sioux Falls SD, but we will NOT be having Dr. Hanssen and the reasons are quite obvious after you meet him. Stay clear of this doctor is my advise.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2011

Dr. Arlen D. Hanssen's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)