Ratings for Dr. Thomas C. WHITTAKER

Backstory to My Review: Roughly 16 years ago, I had my two front teeth knocked out from an accident, and as a result, I ended up with two dental implants. Current Day: I moved to Knoxville 2 years ago, away from my surgeon and my home dentist who have helped me through this my entire life. So, I decided I needed to find an oral surgeon who could potentially help me with my current implants or assist in any future issues I could come across. I wholeheartedly regret ever coming across the phone number of Dr. Whittaker. I called to inquire about their services and has the misfortune of speaking with Patty, the receptionist. She was condescending, rude and just horrible to deal with. She made uneducated assumptions about my current dental implants and then proceeded to insult my past surgeon. Mind you, I have not been seen here; they have no history on me as a patient and know virtually nothing about my case. Overall, I'll end with this: it's truly a shame for such a forwardly negative person to work in healthcare. As you can imagine, my past surgeries are an incredibly sensitive topic to me--having any major dental work is a painful, awful, expensive mess. So, when I'm confronted with an unqualified individual talking down to me on the phone, enough to bring me to tears, I'm certainly not one to be silent about it. I'm looking out for you, the potential patient. Find an office that is compassionate, helpful and understanding. If just speaking with this woman on the PHONE instilled me with enough fuel to post a review, I can't even imagine what it'd be like to work with her one-on-one. I'll pass. Good luck to you, and I hope your journey proves better than mine.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I have had many procedures by this doctor and he is wonderful. He always calls the next day to check on you and is on call if you need him. Absolutely wonderful!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

Dr. Thomas C. WHITTAKER's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Altius Health Plans