Ratings for Dr. James H. Raker

Dr Raker and his wife was promoting a diet , called medi-fast (five liquid drink only daily) to people that were over weight. I wasn't that over weight, but at the time I was seeing myself as being huge, possibly 10 or 15 pound over. My perception was off at that time in my life. When I now, years later look back at pictures, I looked healthy and strong. A pretty young girl. At my first appointment Dr. Raker entered, explained his weight loss program, To drink the five drink, cost 50 dollars a week. And appointment weekly. Billed to insurance. He called me hurtful names pertaining to my weight. Told me I needed to go to Atrium every Wednesday, another billed appointment to insurance company. To have counseling from his wife, about weight issues and how to get through the severe issues this diet will cause. Not how he explained it, but that what the counseling actually was about. Convincing people to remain on this program. I stayed on the diet a bit, became extremely ill, got off diet

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr Raker is one of a kind, he is sincere, caring, knowledgable and willing to go the extra mile for his pt. I was a pt for several years until moving out of state, he is highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

This is a single practitioner, who demonstrates obvious expertise, isn't impressed with himself or nonsense, and demonstrates a simple dedication and care for his patient (a philosophy which shows in his staff). This man regards his patients well. But, he is direct. He's a typical allopath, doesn't seem to regard alternative therapies (to what extent, I don't know). He doesn't adhere to assembly line patient care. When you have an appointment, he's there to see you and only you until you're done. Answers all questions. Good guy.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010

Articulately addressed the longterm care for an elderly family member; offered direction, answered all questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

Excellent doctor. Last of the private practice solo docs. Cares

flag | Submitted February 2, 2006

Dr. James H. Raker's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1983)